HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

EPL Matchday Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Boomer
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:59 pm

I thought he was terrible ay! Ramsey had a great game, very skillful player. Torres was crap again, such a shadow of his Liverpool self.

Full credit to Arsenal, they capitalised on their chances, but the defending on both sides was woeful! I expected it from Arsenal, not so much from Chelsea at the Bridge. Massive result for Arsenal and Wenger, really starting to build some momentum.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:05 pm

Boomer wrote:
I thought he was terrible ay! Ramsey had a great game, very skillful player. Torres was crap again, such a shadow of his Liverpool self.
Tbh, I probably need to watch the game again.

But I think he went alright, definately vastly improved on his first half performance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:14 pm

Ended up getting to watch most of this due to Uniteds start time, and wow didn't Arsenal start like a wreck. If Chelsea tuck away those 3 it's game over. Like i said put some pressure on that back 4 and they put up no resistance at all, Djourou was a disgrace and isn't Mertesaker playing poorly atm (Teal i'd take that sig down). Santos was absolutely immense second half, didn't expect that at all. Great game but poor defending, certainly not one for the purists. RVP once again keep Arsenal alive, gee it would be sad if he goes down again because he is a joy to watch at the moment, would be tieing him up asap. Really don't no how Chelsea lost that tbh they looked in cruise control for big periods that game..

Not much to say about our performance, pretty lackluster but we got the job done. Chicha bobs up once again. Cleverley went down after just returning and he looked so good once again, hope he isn't out for too long. Vidic motm he was superb. Pretty boring game tbh.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:26 pm

WTF just happened, disgraceful defensive effort... going be tough for the lads to bounce back after this defeat. Full credit to the Arse, they were handed a couple of gifts due to some fkn woeful defending, but nevertheless enjoy the win. Ramsey was immense for you guys, best performance I've seen from him and wow didn't Santos have a blinder in the second half.

Super goal from Mata, easily our best player today, shame he didn't have many mates to help the cause. Such a tough loss to cop because we should have been three or four to the good at HT and it felt like we were in control for most of the game. Fair to say out title chances just took a massive hit. Sad

8-2, 6-1, 5-3 etc, what is going on this season?!?

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:29 pm

Mon' Wolves!!

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:06 am

crazy game!!! but we came out on top Very Happy

RVP I love you

They were simple goals...but it all counts!!!

what a win!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealDevils
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:22 am

I seem to have a curse on players, I should start being a Djourou fan.

Also, I couldn't believe how well L-Kos played. fucking proud of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.otc-forums.com
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:26 am

Wow Chelsea vs Arsenal was incredible. Woeful defending on both sides. When Mata equalised I really felt Chelsea were gonna go on with it and get the win but that was a shocking pass from Malouda and Terry didn't handle it well either.

Great to get the win at West Brom. We dominated them. Our penelty was probably a bit soft but we'll take it. Great to see Andy hit the scoresheet as well. Suarez was superb, he really deserved a goal. We probably should've won 4-0 with the amount of chances we had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:40 am

terry didnt slip at all. from the high view looked like he just jumped on the ground, hint of match fixing i reckon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealDevils
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Oct 30, 2011 5:23 am

jtm91 wrote:
terry didnt slip at all. from the high view looked like he just jumped on the ground, hint of match fixing i reckon
Okay Mitchell Coombes.
Back to top Go down
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:43 am

TealDevils wrote:
jtm91 wrote:
Okay Mitchell Coombes.

check my facebook, i predicted 5-4 +1/-1
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealDevils
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:13 pm

jtm91 wrote:
TealDevils wrote:
jtm91 wrote:
Okay Mitchell Coombes.

check my facebook, i predicted 5-4 +1/-1
why did you not tell me this before the game Razz
Back to top Go down
TealDevils
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:36 am

Another solid win, Van Persie brilliant as usual. We're going up the table Very Happy
Back to top Go down
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:16 am

In love with Arteta, so much class and bosses the midfield every single game. Has a pass ompletion rate of about 90% this season, Xavi who? Razz

And RVP just continued to be awesome, goal and two assists. Kos and TV were beasts at the back as well. All looking good for a Top 4 finish this season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:20 am

philly wrote:
In love with Arteta, so much class and bosses the midfield every single game. Has a pass ompletion rate of about 90% this season, Xavi who? Razz

And RVP just continued to be awesome, goal and two assists. Kos and TV were beasts at the back as well. All looking good for a Top 4 finish this season.

Remember not to get ahead of yourself though Wink. You know what happens when 'things are looking good' for Arsenal. Not saying something bad will happen but looking back on the past few seasons, you haven't had a lot of luck.

Plus the way Newcastle are playing, I'd be backing them to finish above Arsenal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:29 am

Newcastle Laughing Good one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:32 am

Still unbeaten by mid-November, so I think they're a chance. Saylor amd Raylor are in the form of their life, Simpson has been decent, but may be replaced by Santon soon, and Coloccini has been rock solid, so I can't see them capitulating at this point of time.

Add in Ba and Best who have scored 11 goals between them, Cabaye, Gutierrez and Tiote playing well, it's not beyond them.

And we know what Arsenal are capable of Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:39 am

Their three hardest games (Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton) have all come at home and other than that have had a very soft start. They have United and City next which should be 0 points so will likely drop back down after that. Plus they have been very lucky to have had very few injuries so far so have been able to select the same side pretty much every week, that will eventually catch up with them however and they will have to rely on depth, which they have little of.

Come January they won't even be in the Europe spots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:43 am

Their next 3 games will really test them to see where they're at. If they lose all 3, which could definitely happen, then they might be in a bit of trouble. I think they'll lose to the Manc clubs, but I think they can get a result against Chelsea. Heck, the way Man U are playing they could get a draw out of that game.

They also have Ben Arfa back who is yet to get to his best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:56 am

newcastle are going to lose 3 in a row
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:32 am

Gunners solid again Very Happy i'll take it

The squad looks like they're just gelling now, Arteta's getting involved more, Santos is more solid, it's all positives Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:32 am

philly wrote:
Their three hardest games (Arsenal, Tottenham and Everton) have all come at home and other than that have had a very soft start. They have United and City next which should be 0 points so will likely drop back down after that. Plus they have been very lucky to have had very few injuries so far so have been able to select the same side pretty much every week, that will eventually catch up with them however and they will have to rely on depth, which they have little of.

Come January they won't even be in the Europe spots.
We also beat Stoke 3-1 at Britannia.

We were hit with injuries the other day but luckily there is an international break coming up so we should be okay. We were lucky to even walk away with three points against Everton with Tiote and Obertan not playing, Cabaye went off after 30 minutes, Marveaux went off injured later which was to be expected and then Best had a groin niggle iirc.

January will be the month that tests us when the ACN is on. Apparently a fee for Modibo Maiga is pretty much done, so he will add a bit more depth up front. If we do sign him though, he'll be playing in the ACN along with Ba and Tiote. We'll definitely try and bring in another CB for backup and possibly another player who can play LB/RB. We're good in the midfield, plenty of depth there.

As for the next three games, we'll lose to both City and Utd but I'm quietly confident against Chelsea. I'd still take a point against them though. We've set ourselves up nicely with 25 points after 11 games, don't see how we can't finish top 7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:58 am

Hate the international break, I want my EPL back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:14 am

Great win over Chelsea...win was dedicated to young Luca Jones, son of Brad who tragically passed away...R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingkingston
Professional

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:36 am

Great win by Liverpool over Chelsea
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aussiesportsforum.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EPL Matchday Thread   

Back to top Go down

EPL Matchday Thread