HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:39 am

Sent chills down my spine when he came out, nostalgia hit me hard in the face.

Last edited by Tank on Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:29 am

What's happened to their hair, lately? Did I miss some bets that they lost?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:34 am

Used to love it when it was the WWF and the Rock and Stone Cold were my favourites lol. Loved The Rock more though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:14 am

I tried watching Raw the other week for old times sake and I had no idea who most of the wrestlers were. I care not though, I will be watching as long as The Rock is back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:29 am

This would be classic if someone did this in a class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:59 am

Is he back to wrestle or just to be in the background like his usual past stints?.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:06 am

In the video he said he's never, ever leaving and that he's home, said he's got his eyes on Cena and The Miz. If he's seriously back and it's not just a guest stint, I can't see him just being in the background.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Styletix
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:33 pm

OMFG!!! I'm devo that I just saw that instead of the shock of watching it tomorrow. But F*** Yeh!! Got goosebumps watching that. Can't wait to see him in action.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Well he was only supposed to come back to host WrestleMania. I have no idea if he's signed a full time contract or not but Id be surprised if he had.

Cant watch it on YouTube coz my internet is really slow atm, but Ill check it out tomorrow on TV.

Its great to see him back though. Hope he shuts Cena up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KromyD
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:39 pm

Saw this earlier, was starting to get back into WWE too. That Nexus thing was an ok line but definitely going to be watching up till at least Wrestlemania.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:07 pm

wow, chills...i grew up with the rock, stone cold, undertaker, DX, Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Rikishi, Too Cool just to name a few.

Edge and Christian vs Dudleys vs Hardys was epic.

this will boost their ratings.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:10 pm

I replayed Smackdown 2 for the PS1 for the last three days so I recognise those names. Never got to watch them because I wasn't into wrestling at the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crows-36
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:14 pm

the only way i was ever going to watch wrestling again is if The Rock came back, i didn't think i'd see the day tbh

what a legend
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:08 am

when I first started watching wrestling the Rock was known as Rocky Maivia and he battled Triple H for the intercontinental, hated him back then. Didn't like him until he teamed up with Mankind to make the Rock 'n' Sock Combination. He is an awesome entertainer and definitely good to see him back in the WWE, not that I watch it any more.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:29 am

Yeah everyone hated him back then.

When he first debuted he was supposed to be a face (a good guy) but everyone hated him, always chanting "Rocky Sucks". But then, being the legend that he is, he turned it around became a heel and did some of the best promos ever.

I havent really watched WWE closely in about 3 or 4 years but ive been watching it a bit more recently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:53 am

Yeah, he was a shining example of how a face heel turn can invigorate and make a career. Which is what WWE need to realise with Cena. Build on the heat and find a new babyface.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jackcf_93
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:16 am

Seven years! Seven years, I've not seen my family. My friends. And every day, like the day before, I wake up, wash my face, look myself in the mirror, disgusted.

I used to love this so much. Mick Foley, Stone Cold, The Rock, Triple H - definitely the best period for wrestling. His entrace was electrifying, what an entertainer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:55 pm

Wasalwaysmy face back when I used to watch this from 98ish to about 2004. Great period.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
King_Rizzy
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:28 pm

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Rock won't be wrestling anytime soon. I doubt he'll appear now until WrestleMania itself, where'll he'll probably beat up Cena/Miz, but not actually wrestle in a match as such.

He'll probably stay after WM, but it won't be in a wrestling role.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:49 pm

Yeah, I doubt he'd rather wrestle than keep making movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crows-36
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:11 am

who cares if he doesn't wrestle, his promos are absolutly amazing!

i'm sure he'll wrestle anyway, afterall he did say he was never leaving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:17 am

Yeah you'd think he'd definitely wrestle in at least one match, it'd be a massive cocktease to all wrestling fans if he didn't. Either way, ratings will go through the roof and that's what WWE wants.

My mates and I haven't watched wrestling in a good five or six years, but we're actually thinking of getting WrestleMania for the sake of it. It'll come to like $6 or $8 each which is nothing to see The Rock layeth the smackdown on someone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Some of my favourite Rock moments ever (some years might be incorrect; it's been a while)

Rock v Hogan at Wrestlemania, think it was in 2003

Rock v Big Show v Triple H v Mick Foley at Wrestlemania (A McMahon in every corner) (Wrestlemania 16?) in 2000..Rock lost but dealt out many Rock Bottoms to McMahons and HHH post-match

Rock, Jericho, Kane, Undertaker and Big Show v Austin, Angle, Booker T, Shane Mc and RVD (Survivor Series 2001)..Rock is the last man standing, putting WCW out of business

Rock winning Royal Rumble (2000?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:49 pm

what about a hell in the cell match that featured:

Kurt Angle
The Rock
Stone Cold
Triple H
Undertaker
Rikishi

That was epic, but the whole WCW/ECW vs WWF was epic!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:38 pm

The Attitude era was easily the best, most exciting period of wrestling ever
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!   

Back to top Go down

Finally, The Rock Has Come Back.. To WWE!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Other Sports :: WWE-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum