HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

NBA 2K11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: NBA 2K11   Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Not sure how much people on here play it, but thought I'd make a thread anyway.

36 games through my My Player career. Playing as a PG with the Pacers, we're 16-20 at the moment. Made my way up to a starting position but Steve Nash came into the side so I'm now the sixth man but still happy with how I'm going.

There's a major glitch going on though, head coaches are getting fired left, right and centre. Over a three week period we've had four head coaches, John Kuester got sacked after just two games where we won both.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:28 am

I started My Player a while back, then got tied up with my Association.

Only just went back to my player now, playing as a PG handily drafted to the Bucks. Playing behind Jennings of course, although I was the leading scorer in an upset win @Boston. Only played five games so far, Bucks at 3-2 (perfect on the road, haven't won a match at home yet...)

Love the game though, best basketball game yet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:16 am

They have an option to play as an individual player in Franchise/Dynasty mode instead of as a club? I've been saying for years that option needs to come in. For ages all that's changed in the NBA Live franchise through the years has been the graphics, which is why after 2007 I just gave up on it. That and having no time for games anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:26 am

Yep. Start off by playing three Draft Combine games, get drafted, play (I think) three Summer Circuit games to decide whether you get a spot on the team's roster or not. My first My Player career didn't start too good and I ended up playing for the New Mexico Thunderbirds in the D-League before giving up on it.

After you complete all the Jordan Challenges (or by putting in a cheat code) you can play as Jordan at the start of his career but in the mordern day NBA. You're able to choose which team you want to play at too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
serge
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:57 am

I have played this game for ages (hours wise) I am playing as a 7'1 C and have started my 3rd season ...

I love it ... I havent really looked at any of the other aspects of the game as I love the My player side of things - I might start playing the team side of things, but I have also started another player as a PG which I am getting into as well.

Cant get enough of it!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:46 pm

I find the PG easiest for sure. I started as a 6'7" Small Forward in my first My Player, and couldn't even get through the Draft Combine because my positioning was never good enough for the bastard PG I got put with (I think it was John Wall actually, hahah) to pass the damn rock to me at all. I'd finish with 32 minutes and an empty stat sheet, it was embarrasing.

I think the PG role is the easiest to learn the ropes with Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonks
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:00 pm

My Player mode is awesome, got drafted to the Houston Rockets, first season we missed out on the playoffs, (Aaron Brooks is a ball hog lol) Entered my second season Aaron Brooks was traded to the suns in return for Josh Chiltoris. Lead the league in scoring with 32.2 a game, had a regular season record of 55-27, swept the Suns beat the Lakers 4-1 Beat Denver 4-2 then swept the Heat and won finals MVP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonks
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Also if you guys are struggling a bit check out Chris Smooves NBA 2k11 Videos they are really helpful.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:01 am

love the association mode, just play through seasons with my friend to try and build a dynasty, getting to the playoffs is easy, but winning them is ridiculous
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:10 am

Tonks wrote:
Also if you guys are struggling a bit check out Chris Smooves NBA 2k11 Videos they are really helpful.
Yep, love watching his videos. Started watching them when I struggled with my first My Player and he helped heaps.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonks
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Tank wrote:
Tonks wrote:
Yep, love watching his videos. Started watching them when I struggled with my first My Player and he helped heaps.

Yeah same he's a great commentator as well haha. Dcoopson is also quite good.

What position does your Player play, Tank? Also what minute quarters do you play on?

I'm a 6'7 Shooting Guard with an overall of 91 atm with my 3pointers at 99 its easy enough to shoot a good percentage from downtown. Although Speed is a problem though I have 94 speed and the Centers are outrunning me on a break its frustrating as hell. We just got Nate Robinson, not impressed because he runs different plays then im used to and results in me not getting the ball for long periods of time, which can be frustrating.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:35 pm

I play as a 6'4 Point Guard although I mostly play Shooting Guard besides maybe 10 minutes per game because of Steve Nash. Currently play with 10 minute quarters to make it a bit more realistic but I'm thinking of making them shorter to try and fasten the season up. My overalls only at 55 I think, I tried to make all my attributes 60+ and I'm almost there, after that I'll focus on my shooting attributes I reckon.

I really need to get Xbox Live, I want to get the head coach firing/sacking glitch fixed although I don't know if it really affects the game (besides maybe team chemistry?).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:10 pm

Things have changed big time since I last posted, we were 16-20 at one stage and are now at 30-24 and in 6th place. Hibbert and I play great together, I reckon half of my assists are through him. He's leading the race for most improved and I'm favourite to win sixth man of the year.

Also had at a go Association before, decided to do a fantasy draft with no set order. Told myself I'll go with whoever has the 15th pick which ended up being New Orleans. I simmed all picks and ended up with a roster of:

Tim Duncan
Monta Ellis
Shaquille O'Neal
Luol Deng
Kyle Lowry

Chris Douglas-Roberts
Rodrigue Beaubois
Michael Finlay
Trevor Booker
Anthony Morrow
Daniel Gibson
Nenad Krstic
Adrian Hill

Besides Duncan, Ellis, Shaq and Deng I've got no idea what I'm working with. Played the one game so far against the Bucks, who had Ray Allen, Nate Robinson, Gerard Wallace and Brooke Lopez. Ended up going down by 10 and the number of turnovers I had cost me the game. Got the Nuggets up next, had a look at their team and they've got Brooks, Wade, Lewis and Garnett so it could be interesting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tonks
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:48 pm

I've played with Lowry a fair bit in my player mode, good passer but he can turn the ball over alot sometimes. Just find out your teams strengths and work with them.

As for me in my player mode I won the Championship, after that I signed with the Chicago Bulls, really loving it me and Derrick Rose work great together which makes it alot easier. I have gone up to playing 12 minutes quarters and averaging a triple double at the moment really enjoying so far. We are currently 6-0 got Miami Heat up next so that will be intresting. I play on hall of fame. Sometimes I get annoyed though because the CPU always hits fade-away threes over like 2 or three players, which makes it unrealistic, they also cheese alot which you cant stop then you get pinged for letting your man score.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Westy411Kid
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:03 pm

My player is awesome, got drafted by the heat.

I'm in my first season with the heat now in the first round of playoffs.
I have had garbage minutes all year but have been scoring well when coming on averaging at least 7 points within the limited minutes I get.

Association is where I'm at though, second year after falling to the heat in the final round of playoffs the first season with OKC (I play on Pro and go for realism) My starting five is now Westbrook, DeRozan,Durant,Amir Johnson and Perkins with some good depth on the bench
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:56 pm

Played the most intense game of my career just before. Playing against Oklahoma, we're up by 10 after the first, pretty even in the second and we're up by 9 at half time. Durant comes out and runs rings around us and at the end of the third they're up by 4. I was already calling a loss for us because we were playing terrible and we always seem to choke, but the last three minutes consists of us going back and forth for the lead. Under 20 seconds to go, we're up by a point and they hold the ball up a bit before Durant scores with 6 seconds to go. We call a timeout, I get free and the balls given to me. I was just inside the three-point line and had no where to go so I shoot and hope for the best. The ball manages to go in with 2.4 seconds left, they didn't have enough time and we win by a point. Grin

That win also meant we leapfrogged the Bulls, we're now 7th in the conference and 1st in our division.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Westy411Kid
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:19 pm

I've found my ownbig three with OKC and it torments team Westbrook, DeRozan and Durant.

Them three dominate teams like how The Heat should, key word is SHOULD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:30 am

Doing a two team association (Magic,Okc) with all the trades on. Lost arenas a couple of games ago, offense is crap now because of it.
Is it worth trading Turkoglu?
Magic 10-4 (3rd in Confrence)
Thunder 9-3 (2nd in Confrence)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Westy411Kid
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:41 am

Yes, turkolu is nothing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:10 am

Started an 82 game season with Portland currently 10-8, been pretty much what I expected, looking to make a few more moves on the trade market in the not to distant future

Current Lineup
C - Camby
PF - Aldridge
SG - Ellis
SF - Wallace
PG - Miller

C - Aldridge
PF - Wallace
SG - Ellis
SF - Matthews
PG - Miller

Considering using the second starting lineup?
what do you's think.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Who's Ellis? Just having a memory blank at the moment, so fill us in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:03 pm

Monta Ellis? facepalm myself haha talk about drawing a blank all I could think of was LaPhonso Ellis Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cats11
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:08 pm

^ Montae* haha

Good thing that portland is very versatile, I really do want to squeeze wes matthews in my starting 5 though I spose I could have

PG - Ellis
SG - Mattews
SF - Wallace
PF - Aldridge
C - Camby
?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:10 pm

Its Monta
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:32 pm

Lol Abby, it's Monta.

I started a season with the Cavs, the first thing I did was traded out Jamison for LeBron, then sacked him straight away Laughing. Felt good Grin

Then I quit the season haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA 2K11   

Back to top Go down

NBA 2K11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Basketball-
Jump to: