HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

UCL - Quarters & Semis

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Beckham

PostSubject: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Bring it Chel$ea you f***ing C***s . Can't wait to destroy your dreams and start your hunt for a new manager. Just a shame we can't do it in the final again!!!

XOXO

Last edited by Beckham on Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:34 pm

1115: Inter Milan v Schalke 04
1114: Barcelona v Shakhtar Donetsk
1114: CHELSEA v MAN UTD
1113: Real Madrid v TOTTENHAM

1117: Real Madrid/Tottenham v Barcelona/Shakhtar Donetsk
1117: Inter Milan/Schalke 04 v CHELSEA/MAN UTD

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:51 pm

All 4 games will be a blinder.
Inter and Schalke will be good to watch. Both plays good soccer.
I am really hoping for a massive upset with Donetsk beating Barca.
CL 2007-08 grand final rematch. Manutd have been in devastating form and will be too good. Manutd to advance 4-0 on aggregate.
Madrid vs Tottenham. Good player match ups all round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:58 pm

All_Star94 wrote:
a.
CL 2007-08 grand final rematch. Manutd have been in devastating form and will be too good. Manutd to advance 4-0 on aggregate..

Have you been watching lately? We're currently in our worst period got crushed by Pool, lost to Chelsea, beat OM but not without a scare and we have injuries galore.. 4-0 is a stretch certainly won't complain if it happens but far from Devastating of late.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:05 pm

well in the CL particularly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:46 am

All_Star94 wrote:
well in the CL particularly

scratch We really haven't.. Done what we've had to nothing more. Story of our year.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:39 am

Got Schalke tomorrow morning. After the shocking display in the Milan Derby on the weekend, we'll be out to make amends and get a big win. I honestly think we need to win by at least two goals to be comfortable. Schalke are doing very poor in the Bundesliga so their whole focus is on the Champions League and they'll be out to perform well. With Pazzini ineligible in the Champions League, hopefully Diego Milito gets the start tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:23 am

As I said earlier this morning, today was nothing short of an utter disgrace. The performance this morning, and the one in the Milan Derby definitely were two of the worst performances I've ever witnessed as an Inter fan and I've watched many, many matches.

I think the most obvious thing I noticed today, well I've noticed it since he's been out injured and that is the importance of Walter Samuel in the center of defense. Make no mistake about it, Walter Samuel is an absolute beast. There's a reason he was labelled 'The Wall' when he was at Roma. Forget about Lucio, while also a brilliant defender, he does get caught out often making runs forward and it's Samuel that's picking up his slack. Today again highlighted how much we miss Samuel. Lucio also being suspended just added to the woes.

Ranocchia and Chivu were atrocious together today. They were very poor together in the Milan Derby as well, I have no idea what Leonardo was doing partnering them together again. Cordoba should have partnered with Ranocchia with Chivu at LB and Zanetti in the midfield. Motta probably could have used a break to be honest he looks spent at the moment.

In the middle of the park we were OK I thought. Obviously Stankovic scored what is most definitely the goal of the UEFA Champions League for season 2010/11. But him going off injured certainly didn't help our cause. Really don't know why Kharja was brought on. Adds next to nothing going forward and defensively, I don't think he's that good either. There's a player by the name of Macdonald Mariga and I can't stand for the life of me why Leonardo doesn't play him. He's the perfect play we need in the middle of the park. Reminds me a lot of Patrick Vieira. Can do the dirty work like your Motta or Cambiasso, but is also very good going forward and is strong at set pieces. I've read that Aston Villa are interested in buying him in the off-season. Certainly hoping we don't let go of him, he's someone that definitely deserves minutes.

Up front we were pretty good as well. Sneijder's ball for Cambiasso for the second goal was absolutely brilliant. Milito obviously isn't anywhere near full fitness yet and that's why not having Pazzini playing is frustrating as he's ineligible. Eto'o tried and tried, but again couldn't do much.

I actually think the game was lost for us in the first 7-8 minutes of the 2nd Half. I knew we weren't going to keep a clean sheet, heck, 2-2 at HT and I was actually pretty happy. But at the start of the 2nd Half Milito had a golden opportunity on his left foot that he put wide (12 months ago he would have buried it) and not long after Eto'o passed a couple of defenders and his left-footed shot was fantastic saved by Neuer. One of the those goes in and it's a different ball game. Chivu would still be on the pitch as well.

Ah well, credit to Schalke, they saw our shortcomings and full exposed them and thoroughly deserved the win. Did they deserve a 5-2 win? Probably not but credit to them again. We've got an absolute mountain to climb in the 2nd Leg and I think it's one step too far. We've got to win 4-0 to advance and while I can potentially see us scoring four goals, keeping a clean sheet is going to be virtually impossible.

Why I said that Chelsea and Manchester United have a free passage to the Final at Wembley, well that's simply because they don't have the same shortcomings that we do and Schalke will not be able to expose those sides like they did to us today.

To think that four days ago we were still on target for the treble. Amazing how quickly things can change.

Hopefully the players can respond against Chievo Verona at home this weekend.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:37 am

For anyone that missed it this morning. Dejan Stankovic opening the scoring in the first 30 seconds of the game. Most definitely the goal of the season thus far. Thing is, he's done it before. Did it against Genoa last season although this goal is ever better.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:47 am

^ Thats an incredible strike.

To not blast it over/wide takes talent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:52 am

For anyone that missed it this morning. Inter being humiliated, thus proving last years achievements were nothing more then a fluke Laughing

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:01 am

2 words about stank's goal: HOLY SHIT!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:40 am

Beckham wrote:
For anyone that missed it this morning. Inter being humiliated, thus proving last years achievements were nothing more then a fluke Laughing

You're a knob.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:54 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Beckham wrote:

You're a knob.

Laughing

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:11 pm

Beckham wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Beckham wrote:

You're a knob.

Laughing

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Winners
Professional

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Disappointed Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:38 am

Another Semi-Final qualification for The Red Devils with a 2-1 (3-1) win over Chelsea this morning. Goals to Park and Chicharito for us and Drogba for them.

The signing of Torres mid-season has not added spark to the team. The whole team in general haven't been their best and imo they will need a new coach.

Man Utd - Schalke/Inter
Barca - Real

My prediction
Man Utd - Real. C.Ronaldo verses the team he last won the champions league with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:58 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:51 am

Disappointing to go out of the Champions League but this simply wasn't our season.

Credit to Schalke and Ralf Rangnick he simply out-thought Leonardo in both matches and thus his side were able to progress.

Actually thought we started the game this morning pretty well, but the way Rangnick set out his team made it very hard for us to penetrate through the center of defense and the crosses coming in were very poor. Raul's goal on the stroke of HT was the ultimate dagger to any slim chances were already had. Thought we were OK again in the second half, but in the end it was never going to be enough. Props to Raul as well, he's a legend of the game and was that extra bit of class that Schalke needed to get through. His two goals over both legs were brilliant and his ball for Howedes' goal that wrapped up the win this morning was also first rate. He is a star Raul.

Glad the 2nd Leg was this morning and not say next week as now we can fully focus on defending our Coppa Italia crown and trying to catch AC Milan for the Scudetto although losing the Derby a couple of weeks back probably cost us any chance. Still, we'll keep fighting and hopefully if we don't win it, Napoli can.

As for the rest of the Champions League, obviously hoping Real Madrid can go all the way and win it simply because of the Jose Mourinho factor. Can't see Schalke beating Manchester United in the other Semi Final as well. While they exposed us, Man. United don't have the same frailties that we do so I expect them to progress to the Final comfortably.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 pm

Man Utd vs Real Madrid anyone???

If we make it to the Wembley, hopefully we can win it for the service of Edwin Van Der Sar in his last CL. End his career on a high with the treble (hopefully)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   Wed May 04, 2011 3:32 pm

After leg 2 of Real Barca, it's Barca through Very Happy

as long as it's not Real i'm stoked!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UCL - Quarters & Semis   

Back to top Go down