HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Wrestlemania 27

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Wrestlemania 27   Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:33 am

Matches:

Undertaker vs Triple H - no hold barred match
The Miz (c) vs John Cena - WWE Championship
Edge (c) vs Alberto Del Rio - World Heavyweight Championship
Randy Orton vs CM Punk
John Morrison, Trish Stratus and Snooki (Jersey Shore) vs Laycool and Dolph Ziggler
Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole with Jack Swagger (Stone Cold Special Guest Referee)
Rey Mysterio vs Cody Rhodes

WOW at Taker vs the Game, great to see Trish Stratus back but Snooki???? c'mon!!!

Stone Cold is going to give hell and of course the Rock as commissioner for the night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bronco_josh
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:13 am

Do you think Austin will turn on Lawler, being announced as Secret RAW GM in the process ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:31 am

I'd wonder why he'd want to be on Cole's side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:42 am

That is one boring card
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:44 am

The 6-way match plus Vickie is pissweak.

Did I just hear Taker's new for-now-permanent entrance music?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:06 am

Have they mentioned on TV yet that Taker and HHH have actually wrestled each other at WM before? I havent watched Raw or SD (until today) in a few weeks but it seems that theyre playing it off like this is their first match at Wrestlemania
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 am

Cynic wrote:
The 6-way match plus Vickie is pissweak.

Did I just hear Taker's new for-now-permanent entrance music?
What is it? It's not that Johnny Cash song is it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:15 am

I think thats the song he came out to on SD today
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:31 am

Brad wrote:
Have they mentioned on TV yet that Taker and HHH have actually wrestled each other at WM before? I havent watched Raw or SD (until today) in a few weeks but it seems that theyre playing it off like this is their first match at Wrestlemania

Yeah that was the same Mania as Rock vs Stone Cold wasn't it? where McMahon ended up with Austin and later Triple H joined...i am pretty sure that was the Mania, next night was a cage match between Rock and Austin off memory..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:36 am

Yep. Wrestlemania 17, Austin sided with Vince. As an 8 year old I was so cut watching that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:55 am

Brad wrote:
Yep. Wrestlemania 17, Austin sided with Vince. As an 8 year old I was so cut watching that.

as was I haha Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crows-36
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:02 pm

That's a pretty average card tbh, for Wrestlemania standards anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bronco_josh
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:07 pm

I remember with my old TV, you couldn't see the main event because I hadn't ordered it, but you could hear it. I was 13 and I listened to the end of the match, and I heard "Austin has sold his soul to the devil himself !! He is shaking hands with Mr. McMahon !!!" My heart sank !! Almost as bad as the day Goldberg lost for the first time to Nash. It was just a stunned silence
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:46 pm

Bronco_josh wrote:
I remember with my old TV, you couldn't see the main event because I hadn't ordered it, but you could hear it. I was 13 and I listened to the end of the match, and I heard "Austin has sold his soul to the devil himself !! He is shaking hands with Mr. McMahon !!!" My heart sank !! Almost as bad as the day Goldberg lost for the first time to Nash. It was just a stunned silence

haha those were the days...

loved the Hardys, Dudleys and Edge and Christian wars.

WCW, Sting vs Goldberg...then interupted by Bret Hart....big names, great times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bronco_josh
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:14 pm

Hank Moody wrote:
Bronco_josh wrote:

haha those were the days...

loved the Hardys, Dudleys and Edge and Christian wars.

WCW, Sting vs Goldberg...then interupted by Bret Hart....big names, great times.

Wrestling is horrible these days though

Seriously, look who we had The Rock, Stone Cold, Goldberg, the nWo, the Original DX, Undertaker, Kane etc

Look who they have now: John Cena: Can't wrestle and is a Hulk Hogan clone;
The Miz: the less said about him the better, but apparently he is good enough to be Champion of the world;
Undertaker (these days): A guy who is a phenom, a deadman, a force of epic proportions, who has the ability to switch off lights, fog the place out, and rise from the dead every 6 months. At least we got the Undertaker when he buried people, sacrificed people, and used his "powers" for bad
Kane (again, these days): A big red machine who manages to job to the most useless wrestlers, and has somehow grown his skin back, and, well, I dont even know why he can turn lights out and set fire to shit anymore. Can someone explain that to me ? We got Undertakers little brother, who he burnt in a fire, and now was back for revenge.
The "new" DX: WOW, didn't the WWE run this little faction into the ground. They went from swearing, drinking and getting naked on live TV in our generation, to playing pranks, and saying 'poop' once or twice. Man, does the WWE know how to kill a group or what ?? (the WWE version of the nWo comes to mind)

I really feel sorry for fans who have to watch this shit. You know, any big PPV (did someone say Wrestlemania ??) that Hero of all the wrong doers- JOHN CENA, is going to win. He always seems to !!! Has anyone ever noticed that ?? WWE SUCKS ARSE NOW
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:29 pm

There is only one wrestler who wrestles now in which i would have loved back then and thats Randy Orton.

But yeah i agree with everything you said.

Road Dogg, Billy Gunn, Big Bossman, Gangrel, Xpac, Rikishi etc.

Even decent light heavyweights - Billy Kidman, Scotty 2 Hotty

The Groups: Nation of Domination, DX, New Age Outlaws, Ministry of Darkness, The Brood, Hart Foundation, The Radicalz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:37 pm

When they killed the cruiserweight division and effectively killed the tag team divisions we were entering the Dead Zone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:59 pm

It went to shit when it went PG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:00 am

agreed with both the above comments, the entertainment came in the tag teams and cruiserweight divisions, high flying and amazing wrestling.

As soon as WWE went PG it went to dust, no blood rule was the worst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:04 am

Brad wrote:
It went to shit when it went PG.
This.

Hank Moody wrote:
no blood rule was the worst.
Wow, that was actually a rule?

And agreed with what Bronco_josh said before. The day Kane took off his mask was the day that character died imo. Don't know why they would do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:13 am

Nation of Domination!! D'Lo Brown! Lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:26 am

Man - Wrestling was great when it had the following things:

- Characters - not just people with names, actual characters - the OLD days was Ultimate Warrior, Andre the Giant, Hulk Hogan, Jake the Snake (and the list goes on); then the 90s still had characters - Sting, Horsemen, Kevin Nash, Raven, Rey Mysterio Jnr, K-Dogg, etc...these days the only characters left are the likes of the Undertaker and Kane who are shadows of their former selves.

- Drama - when you honestly couldn't pick who would win; when faces could win through ability, not just through cheating, when guys running in to interfere etc was part of a solid storyline, not just cheating and annoying people. This was rock solid in the 80s and early 90s. WCW DIED by stuffing this up - the whole NWO crap killed it with nothing but cheating in every single match. WWE went the same way in the end - the only way faces were made to be disliked was they talked shit and won by cheating...that's it.

Seriously - that's all you need, and it's gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:27 am

No blood and i think no chair shots to the head as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:48 am

Anyone want to recommend matches we can watch online?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bronco_josh
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:26 pm

I dont understand why WWE killed the Cruiserweight division for one reason : WWF had cruiserweights (lightweights as they were known), but WCW shat all over them. They had Kidman, Rey Mysterio, Eddie Guerrero, Chavo, Juventud Guerrera (The Juice Baby !!) Psychosis, El Dandy, Jushin Thunder Lyger etc. When the WWE bought WCW, they had their cruiserweights, plus the experience of the WCW stars. The cruiserweights could have really taken off, but the WWE killed them. The day that Jamie Noble became Cruiserweight champion, was the beginning of the end !!

Imagine Kidman V Evan Bourne ?? That match would kick arse !! So would Juvi V Kofi Kingston !!

I dont care what anyone says, it's going to be controversial, but the WWE killed Rey Mysterio Jr as well. Sure he became WWE Champion, but they allowed him to use steroids, banned him when the inquest came along and now look at him ! I haven't seen him more out of shape. He still buzzes around the ring, but watch any match with him and Kidman, in WCW days, and look at the matches they have !!!

Just for fun- KIDMAN V REY 1999 SPRING STAMPEDE ENJOY !!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiBkO_L5IAk

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania 27   

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania 27
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Other Sports :: WWE-
Jump to: