HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

2011 Formula 1 Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:12 am

webber qualified 18th! Didnt make it through q1.

Very disapointing from him. They shouldnt have gone out on the hard tires and in the end he paid the price. It looks like he is just having a shit gp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:15 pm

More disappointment. Typical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:27 pm

Wow! What a race! One of the best I've ever seen. Some truly remarkable driving by all drivers and it was great entertainment from start to finish. Obviously Webber's performance was brilliant and to go from 18th to 3rd is unbelievable. The fight at the front was also exciting, Vettel, Hamilton and Button all exchanging places throughout. Thoroughly great race and hope more of it to come in 2011!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:42 am

that was an amazing race!

Well done to webber. From 18th to 3rd is just unreal. Hopefully its a sign of things to come for him. Once his kers is fixed it might make the difference. 2011 is webbers year Razz well hopefully............ lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:19 am

I watched that race it was awesome, for someone that doesn't have great knowledge of the sport i really enjoyed it. Still prefer my MotoGp though.. Is it normal for teammates to hate each other? Webber seems to hate Vettel with a passion but also noticed that Vettel didn't pay tribute to Webber for a great race he kept saying things like well the team didn't get it right today, obviously he was refering to himself but surely the team did something right to get Mark into such a great spot and i thought that he would have been happy for his team mate. Vettel needs to be beaten up or something he thinks he's top shit, Hamilton is awesome seems like a decent bloke.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:27 am

They've had tension for a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:42 pm

vettel and webber have been at each others throats for a long time. got a lot worse after vettel blamed webber for him crashing out in a race early last year. (pretty much he tried to take webber and failed and then blamed him because his front wing was fucked and he couldnt continue)

so neither really get on with each other and that imo makes the races more interesting. and yes i do agree with you becks, vettel needs someone to smash his head in. then he might look at things like others do and not be a little snot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:44 pm

The wing fiasco last year cemented it, in my opinion. Too bad the bias backfire didn't stick since Vettel ended up winning the championship.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:01 pm

it's been a good start to the season though, looking forward to the rest of the races now

great drive by webber on the weekend! if his car gets in order he'll be a big threat

The teammate situation is always a weird one, some must get on, but i mean there are so many drivers out there with big heads (vettel, hamilton, schumacher, alonso) that there must be some clashes in personality

was also very happy to see a bit of the old schumacher vs alonso duel on the weekend, they had some great races a few years ago
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pat Macrack
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:28 am

This was the best race of the season so far. Sensational performance from Mark, given where he started, but Hamilton's drive was also superb. It was great to see him beat Vettel. McLaren's pre-season woes have been long forgotten.

I couldn't believe it when Jenson Button stopped in the Red Bull pit!

Istanbul will be interesting. It was where the infamous clash between Webber and Vettel took place. Looking forward to it already.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:56 pm

Beckham wrote:
I watched that race it was awesome, for someone that doesn't have great knowledge of the sport i really enjoyed it. Still prefer my MotoGp though.. Is it normal for teammates to hate each other? Webber seems to hate Vettel with a passion but also noticed that Vettel didn't pay tribute to Webber for a great race he kept saying things like well the team didn't get it right today, obviously he was refering to himself but surely the team did something right to get Mark into such a great spot and i thought that he would have been happy for his team mate. Vettel needs to be beaten up or something he thinks he's top shit, Hamilton is awesome seems like a decent bloke.

Of course they've going to favour Vettel though. With all due respect to Mark, Seb is the more talented driver and he is German, driving for an Austrian team. Unless Mark was miles ahead in the Championship, Red Bull are never going to favour Mark.

As for the race itself, cracking action. Passes aplenty and just action everywhere. No doubt Pirelli has made this season more interesting in regards to the tyres. Bridgestone were always regarded as a tyre manufacturer that was all about it's reputation and didn't want to break from it's tradition of making a good tyre. No doubt Pirelli don't care about the reputation of their road cars, this is all about making F1 more interesting and they're making a difference so far. Hoping there's more to come because the Malaysian and Australian GP's were snooze fests.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Beckham wrote:

Of course they've going to favour Vettel though. With all due respect to Mark, Seb is the more talented driver and he is German, driving for an Austrian team. Unless Mark was miles ahead in the Championship, Red Bull are never going to favour Mark.

As for the race itself, cracking action. Passes aplenty and just action everywhere. No doubt Pirelli has made this season more interesting in regards to the tyres. Bridgestone were always regarded as a tyre manufacturer that was all about it's reputation and didn't want to break from it's tradition of making a good tyre. No doubt Pirelli don't care about the reputation of their road cars, this is all about making F1 more interesting and they're making a difference so far. Hoping there's more to come because the Malaysian and Australian GP's were snooze fests.

mozza wrote:
it's been a good start to the season though, looking forward to the rest of the races now

great drive by webber on the weekend! if his car gets in order he'll be a big threat

The teammate situation is always a weird one, some must get on, but i mean there are so many drivers out there with big heads (vettel, hamilton, schumacher, alonso) that there must be some clashes in personality

was also very happy to see a bit of the old schumacher vs alonso duel on the weekend, they had some great races a few years ago

I'm sorry but what do those four you mentioned have in common? They're all World Champions.

The only driver with a problem is Lewis as Jenson has also won a Championship although I don't think there's any doubt amongst people in the paddock that when it comes down to it, Lewis is the guy McLaren would prefer to win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:44 pm

Barrichello was always Schumey's pony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
willyhbhs
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:00 pm

i gota say, all the races that have been, have been awesome to what we have seen the past few years. the kers and drs are doing just enough to make passes possible, and we are seeing it happen right throughout the race by everyone in the field, its been great stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Thu May 12, 2011 4:22 am

Haven't seen the Turkey rece yet, but by the sounds of things it was a pretty good race.

The Chinese GP was brilliant, first full race I had actually watched for a good couple of years and it got me right back into F1. Downloaded the Aussie and Malaysian GP's too, Aussie one was fairly boring but Malaysia was good. The new tires + DRS seem to be doing some good. Tires in particular, making it into a strategy game once again, would be better with refuelling though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Couple of massive accidents from the race weekend so far at Monaco. First Rosberg in FP3, bounced over the bumps coming out of the tunnel/into the chicane, causing his brakes to lock he slid into the barriers and very luckily avoided going head first into the barrier.

Sergio Perez wasn't so lucky in qualifying. Was very, very wide out of the tunnel and in a almost carbon-copy of Rosberg's slid into the barrier but the car was more damaged and he slammed side-on into the wall. Was knocked out but has apparently avoided serious injury which is a near-miracle.

Hopefully the race won't have any crashes like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Sun May 29, 2011 1:42 pm

Yeah that was a huge crash by Perez. Hope he's ok. Looking forward to tonight's GP. Hoping that there is action in this race and maybe a first SC for the year. Definately adds spice to the race and hope somehow Webber can repeat his performance of last year. Hard to beat Vettel though the way things have gone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:45 am

Ricky to give a Webber-esque debut performance!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:23 pm

im hoping he can win a full time position on the grid next year! Love to see aussies doing well!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:18 pm

webber on pole!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
merk_sfi
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:33 am

Webber on Pole, Daniel Riccardillo LAST!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:36 am

1st - Alonso
2nd - Vettel
3rd - Webber

Pretty good race. Alonso created a pretty good lead after redbull stuffed up their pit stop and he then cruised to victory. Webber left his run against vettel to late. He was all over him for the final two laps but halfway through the last lap the team called him up and told him to "maintain the gap".

Button was looking pretty good until his pit stop ended his run. They didnt put the wheel nut on the front right on enough and even before he got out of pit lane he knew he was finished.

Oh and dan ricardo came last haha. Shouldnt have expected much more than that knowing it was his first ever race and he is driving the HRT car. But he should have learnt a lot from the race. Hopefully by the end of the season he will be able to challenge the lower end cars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:11 pm

webber pole!!!

hopefully he can do something with it this time

Riccardo did well knowing it is his second ever qualifying. Pretty much par with his team mate already. Hopefully he can keep up with them during the race
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:33 pm

what did everyone think of Webber last night, at least Vettel didnt win ay?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 Formula 1 Thread   

Back to top Go down

2011 Formula 1 Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Motorsport-
Jump to:  
Private forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com