HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

R.I.P Hot Danish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: R.I.P Hot Danish   Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:18 pm

http://www.racenet.com.au/news/689/68957.asp

Hot Danish loses her battle
Craig Tompson
Sunday, 17 April 2011

Sydney's favourite racemare Hot Danish this morning lost her battle with a serious leg infection.

The Les Bridge trained mare was being treated for what appeared originally to be a relatively simple leg infection but it deteriorated quickly.

She was moved to the Randwick Equine Centre where vets have been battling since to control the infection.

Unfortunately with the tissues at the back her leg destroyed, and unable to support the leg, the heart breaking decision was made to humanely euthanize Hot Danish this morning.

A powerfully built, near black mare trained by Les Bridge, Hot Danish became a favourite on the track, particularly among the Sydney crowd who delighted in her courageous and consistent performances.

She amassed over $2.3 million from 31 starts which yielded 16 wins and nine placings.

Her crowning achievements came last autumn and winter, claiming the GrI All Aged Stakes and GrI Doomben 10,000, having been placed three times previously at Group One level.

She also won a further eight races at Group or Listed level and never left anybody in any doubt that she'd done her best no matter the result.

Les Bridge bought Hot Danish (by Nothin' Leice Dane from Hot ‘N' Breezy) at the Scone Yearling Sales for $32,000 and became his favourite.

Bridge has been training for over 50 years and won Golden Slippers and Melbourne Cups but earlier thisyear told the Daily Telegraph's Ray Thomas; "From a sentimental point of view this mare is hard to top."

"She has given me some of my greatest moments in racing. The day she won the All Aged Stakes at Randwick last year, that was just terrific - I don't think I've had a better day at the races than that one."

She will be sadly missed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megadeecee
Guru

PostSubject: Re: R.I.P Hot Danish   Mon May 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Shogun lodge died with my money on it that sucked big time i loved that fast finishing horse...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

R.I.P Hot Danish
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Other Sports-
Jump to:  
Private forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum