HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:40 pm

Just came back from watching The Green Hornet. I didn't really like it in the beginning but when the action heated up it was fast, entertaining and full of great scenes. It was weird seeing Seth Rogan in a role like this but I think he did really well in it.

I give it 4 stars out of 5, Margaret.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 am

I saw 'The Green Hornet' last night and must say I was pleasantly surprised. I was really going in bot expecting much, but it provided quite a few laughs and some decent action scenes. I also thought Seth Rogen was really good in his lead role. I'd give it a 7/10.

Also sneaked into another cinema and caught the last 45 or so minutes of 'Black Swan'. Have heard about it being really weird and all that, but it actually looked like a pretty good movie. Will probably get it out when it comes to DVD. Must say as well, entered at the best time if you know what I mean.

Would like to see 'The Next 3 Days' now, with Russell Crowe and Liam Neeson. Looks like a decent action flick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:59 am

You're always sneaking into shit..

Why wait for the DVD, when you can watch it now. Razz

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:19 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
I saw 'The Green Hornet' last night and must say I was pleasantly surprised. I was really going in bot expecting much, but it provided quite a few laughs and some decent action scenes. I also thought Seth Rogen was really good in his lead role. I'd give it a 7/10.

Also sneaked into another cinema and caught the last 45 or so minutes of 'Black Swan'. Have heard about it being really weird and all that, but it actually looked like a pretty good movie. Will probably get it out when it comes to DVD. Must say as well, entered at the best time if you know what I mean.

Would like to see 'The Next 3 Days' now, with Russell Crowe and Liam Neeson. Looks like a decent action flick.

I know what you mean Wink

Also saw The Green Hornet yesterday. Better than what I expected. 7/10 seems right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:28 am

Beckham wrote:

reckon, who buys dvds these days Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:23 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World.. Such a good flick..
Really????? No... really?

Up there with the worst movies I have seen, I want the 30 minutes I wasted back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:41 pm

Saw green hornet as well like 2-3 weeks ago, enjoyed it alot especially in 3D. 7/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Saw True Grit a week ago. Great film I thought, managed to revive the old Western genre without coming across as corny which is a major achievement in this day and age. Young girl whose name escapes me, but played one of the major roles, should win an Oscar (and has been nominated). Managed to outshine both Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon IMHO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Roger
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:06 pm

All_Star94 wrote:
Saw green hornet as well like 2-3 weeks ago, enjoyed it alot especially in 3D. 7/10

I saw it in 3D as well but I don't think they utilised the feature very well, there were alot of action scenes but I felt 3D wasn't that good when it would have been good in normal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:18 pm

philly wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World.. Such a good flick..
Really????? No... really?

Up there with the worst movies I have seen, I want the 30 minutes I wasted back.

30 minutes?? Shoulda stuck with it.. Chock full of Video game and music moments..

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:27 pm

TheFeldster wrote:
Saw True Grit a week ago. Great film I thought, managed to revive the old Western genre without coming across as corny which is a major achievement in this day and age. Young girl whose name escapes me, but played one of the major roles, should win an Oscar (and has been nominated). Managed to outshine both Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon IMHO.

Gotta love a good old western.. The original John wayne True Grit, and The Searchers are my favs.. So looking forward to see how the new one compares..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:10 pm

Just watched Due Date, has Robert Downey Jr and Zach Galifianakis from The Hangover. Quailty movie, has some really good laughs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:15 pm

I didn't realise risible was a word until I watched Life of Brian ten minutes ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Beckham wrote:

I'm a man of great talent. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Cynic wrote:
I didn't realise risible was a word until I watched Life of Brian ten minutes ago.

I'm not sure Monty Python is the world's best source for validating the existence of words. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:58 pm

It worked this time.

ris·i·ble/ˈrizəbəl/
Adjective: Such as to provoke laughter: "a risible scene of lovemaking in a tent"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:24 am

Just saw 127 Hours.

GREAT movie. You should all check it out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:02 am

Brad wrote:
Just saw 127 Hours.

GREAT movie. You should all check it out
Just read an article saying a few people have had seizures and fainted because of the scene when he amputates his arm. Looks like an interesting movie though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:22 am

I didnt think the amputation scene was bad at all. The bit where he breaks his arm is worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:41 pm

True Grit I thought was a really good movie...havn't seen the original so can't really compare it...but I quite liked it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:23 am

After weeks of seeing movies, finally got around to seeing 'The Fighter' last night. Because I'd seen the previews for it so many times, I pretty much knew what to expect but still enjoyed it. I actually thought Christian Bale stole the show as Dicky. Thought Bale was brilliant. I do hope however, that that's not what his hair looks like in real life!! I also thought the person playing the father of the boys was hilarious. A borderline 8/10 for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:41 am

Christian Bale's amazing, got a mancrush on him. The body transformations he's done for his various roles is incredible. I've been wanting to see The Fighter, I've got a ticket that I still need to use from Cafe Primo's movie deal so I might go see it soon. Or I'll just download it, either way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:51 am

Bit late but The Hurt Locker was on Movie One today and i hadn't seen it before so gave it a watch. Really enjoyed some parts but other times i just wanted action, people getting shot etc but overall it was decent. Was pretty shattered when they showed Beckham made into a body bomb, turns out it wasn't even him unless old mate saw things later on, wasn't sure what to make of that part. Also at the end when he's like maybe you find out you only love one thing in life (something along those lines) and showed him back working, what don't you love your kid anymore idiot? Overall i'd give it a 7/10

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Just watched 127 Hours. Loved it, powerful movie. Aron Ralston is my hero.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:26 am

Keen to see "Rango" also "Wasted on the young" .. Magaret and David gave Wasted on the young 4 and 3 1/2 but i've seen some shocking reviews for it so wait and see.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies   

Back to top Go down

Movies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to: