HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Megadeecee
Guru
avatar

Posts : 6119
Age : 40
Location : Bungle Bungles

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:19 am

Classic Movie bits i reckon we should have a classic bits thread where you can post bits you like
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3536
Age : 31
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:45 am

Had just simply never ever got around to actually watching The Shawshank Redemption until last night. Picked it up practically new condition for 4 bucks at Cashies lol. Amazing movie; one of the best I've ever seen. Can't think of anything I'd put over it except for The Shining and (possibly) Forrest Gump.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
panthersftw
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3104
Location : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:25 pm

Watched the first Harold & Kumar (again).. and is now craving some of the White Castle's hamburgers...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2156
Age : 38
Location : SYDNEY

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:39 am

CHORUS wrote:
Had just simply never ever got around to actually watching The Shawshank Redemption until last night. Picked it up practically new condition for 4 bucks at Cashies lol. Amazing movie; one of the best I've ever seen. Can't think of anything I'd put over it except for The Shining and (possibly) Forrest Gump.

Sadly the Acadmey agreed, with Forrest cleaning up and Shawshank getting zip.. Evil or Very Mad

Watching A Fish Called Wanda.. Then Fierce Creatures.. Both classics
Kevin Kline's hilarious, and Jamie Lee Curtis, Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5742
Age : 27
Location : QLD

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:25 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
CHORUS wrote:
Had just simply never ever got around to actually watching The Shawshank Redemption until last night. Picked it up practically new condition for 4 bucks at Cashies lol. Amazing movie; one of the best I've ever seen. Can't think of anything I'd put over it except for The Shining and (possibly) Forrest Gump.

Sadly the Acadmey agreed, with Forrest cleaning up and Shawshank getting zip.. Evil or Very Mad

Watching A Fish Called Wanda.. Then Fierce Creatures.. Both classics
Kevin Kline's hilarious, and Jamie Lee Curtis, Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Forrest Gump is like the only movie i've ever cried when watching Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed

_________________
RIP Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 27
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:47 am

CHORUS wrote:
Had just simply never ever got around to actually watching The Shawshank Redemption until last night. Picked it up practically new condition for 4 bucks at Cashies lol. Amazing movie; one of the best I've ever seen. Can't think of anything I'd put over it except for The Shining and (possibly) Forrest Gump.

Wow, can't believe you'd never seen it. I reckon I've seen it more than 100 times in full. My second favorite movie ever behind The Departed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3536
Age : 31
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:09 am

Yeah something I always planned to see but never got round to it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2156
Age : 38
Location : SYDNEY

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:44 am

Beckham wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
CHORUS wrote:
Had just simply never ever got around to actually watching The Shawshank Redemption until last night. Picked it up practically new condition for 4 bucks at Cashies lol. Amazing movie; one of the best I've ever seen. Can't think of anything I'd put over it except for The Shining and (possibly) Forrest Gump.

Sadly the Acadmey agreed, with Forrest cleaning up and Shawshank getting zip.. Evil or Very Mad

Watching A Fish Called Wanda.. Then Fierce Creatures.. Both classics
Kevin Kline's hilarious, and Jamie Lee Curtis, Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Forrest Gump is like the only movie i've ever cried when watching Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed

Pussy Laughing Don't get me wrong both are great movies but Shawshank to me is the superior movie. I was one of the few that actually watched it at the movies when it came out and I went back 2 more times, dragging others along with me, cos it was that good.. I'm having a Planet Of The Apes marathon.. Up to the 2nd right now.. Will finish by watching the inferior Tim Burton remake..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2156
Age : 38
Location : SYDNEY

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:33 am

Watching Galaxy Quest.. Haven't seen it in ages.. Grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend
avatar

Posts : 11569
Age : 26
Location : Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:08 pm

I think the thing with Shawshank at the Oscars was that it took a few runs on the Movie Channel before it really became a classic, being in the theatres competing with Forrest and Pulp Fiction, whilst Forrest Gump hit a lot of nerves from the get-go and became an instant classic.

I think that swayed the Academy Awards a lot. If you went back and chose from that year's movies again now, I think they'd come out a lot closer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2156
Age : 38
Location : SYDNEY

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:39 pm

The Academy always goes for the syrupy feel good movies like Gump over movies with a gritty edge like Shawshank..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 27
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:10 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
The Academy always goes for the syrupy feel good movies like Gump over movies with a gritty edge like Shawshank..

Pulp Fiction was made in 1994 too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3176
Age : 24
Location : Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:39 am

Finally got around to watching Law Abiding Citizen, brilliant movie!

Might watch Shutter Island later on tonight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 27
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Tank wrote:
Finally got around to watching Law Abiding Citizen, brilliant movie!

Might watch Shutter Island later on tonight.

Good movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tank
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3176
Age : 24
Location : Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:45 am

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
Tank wrote:
Finally got around to watching Law Abiding Citizen, brilliant movie!

Might watch Shutter Island later on tonight.

Good movie.
Just watched it then, amazing! The last 40 minutes or so though =



My mind exploded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caity
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3774
Age : 26
Location : Qld

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:32 pm

I've watched a few movies over the past 2 weekends.

Finally got around to watching Shawshank Redemption after everyone always telling me to see it. I found it really good and i didn't expect the twist at all. Quite sad and brutal too Sad

9.5/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
philly
Guru
avatar

Posts : 6040
Age : 25
Location : Fortress Emirates

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:21 am

The Fighter.

Fantastic movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5742
Age : 27
Location : QLD

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:21 pm

Saw Rango just before, didn't mind it ay thought it was pretty well done for what it is.

_________________
RIP Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 5742
Age : 27
Location : QLD

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:24 pm

Finally got around to watching Inception. Absolutely incredible, what more can you say. Definitely going to watch it ago though, just when you think you have everything figured out by the end of it you just lose track. That's how i felt anyway.

_________________
RIP Marco Simoncelli 1987 - 2011

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Damo
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3473
Age : 26
Location : Sunshine Coast

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:39 pm

Watched limitless, I enjoyed it, 7.5/10. Bradley Cooper improves as an actor every movie he is in.

Battle: LA, tonnes of action, didn't expect it too be as good as it was, i'd rate it around a 7.5 as well.

Red - Epic movie, I loved it, very entertaining and had some good humour in it. 8/10
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2156
Age : 38
Location : SYDNEY

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:40 am

Watching Jimi Hendrix- Voodoo Child, A documentary that tells his story in his own word put together from letters to relatives etc.. So good..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 665
Age : 116
Location : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Just come back from Limitless, only went and saw it because nothing else was on, and it turned out to be a pretty damn good movie.
I like the way the colours on screen got fresher and sharper when someone took the smart pill, it had a few holes in the plot and went in a few odd directions, the woman picking up a skating girl on an ice rink to slash her stalker across the face with her blades was alow point, but overall from start to finish it was an interesting movie with some pretty good acting from all the cast, particularly from Bradley Cooper of Hangover fame who surprised me with how good he was in this.
7.5
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Damo
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3473
Age : 26
Location : Sunshine Coast

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:22 pm

The Midnight Tinkler wrote:
Just come back from Limitless, only went and saw it because nothing else was on, and it turned out to be a pretty damn good movie.
I like the way the colours on screen got fresher and sharper when someone took the smart pill, it had a few holes in the plot and went in a few odd directions, the woman picking up a skating girl on an ice rink to slash her stalker across the face with her blades was alow point, but overall from start to finish it was an interesting movie with some pretty good acting from all the cast, particularly from Bradley Cooper of Hangover fame who surprised me with how good he was in this.
7.5
hahahaha the woman picking up the child made me lol epically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 665
Age : 116
Location : Sydney

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:12 am

Damo wrote:
The Midnight Tinkler wrote:
Just come back from Limitless, only went and saw it because nothing else was on, and it turned out to be a pretty damn good movie.
I like the way the colours on screen got fresher and sharper when someone took the smart pill, it had a few holes in the plot and went in a few odd directions, the woman picking up a skating girl on an ice rink to slash her stalker across the face with her blades was alow point, but overall from start to finish it was an interesting movie with some pretty good acting from all the cast, particularly from Bradley Cooper of Hangover fame who surprised me with how good he was in this.
7.5
hahahaha the woman picking up the child made me lol epically.

It was pretty tacky and tasteless I thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 27
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Can't wait for The Fast and the Furious 5 to come out. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Movies   

Back to top Go down
 
Movies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Basketball | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum