HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

KEEP OR SCRAP?
Keep it
38%
 38% [ 3 ]
Scrap it
62%
 62% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Just a poll following a news story about its future
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 12:34 pm

what will i scratch scratchies with ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Keep it, you sons of bitches. Otherwise prices go up yet again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 12:44 pm

we ditched ours years ago

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jackcf_93
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 12:47 pm

I voted to keep it.
I wouldn't want prices to go up any more + charity boxes on the counter of various shops would probably get less money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 12:50 pm

yeh I always chuck my ones in the charity boxes, so definitly keep them, and bring back the ones and twos as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 12:59 pm

They've been talking bout it for years. Keep it. It's only places like airPorts etc that whinge bout it anyway, and they've been ripping people off for years. Besides what about the kids stopping off at the corner store to spend the last of their lunch money on lollies. How many Chico babies does 5c get ya these days? When they got rid of the copper coins it was 3 for 5c..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 1:04 pm

It was 5c each when I used to always be stopping at the deli as a kid to spend the ol' pocket money haha
Nowadays from what I see (not that I get my sugar there anymore) they are 10c each.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keno
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 1:14 pm

i dislike them, but at the same time, i dislike price rises more
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 1:20 pm

CHORUS wrote:
It was 5c each when I used to always be stopping at the deli as a kid to spend the ol' pocket money haha
Nowadays from what I see (not that I get my sugar there anymore) they are 10c each.

10c for a chico babie? Red frogs were only 5c and were the luxury lollie in your little white bag of assorted goodies. Them and cobbers: square of caramel covered in chocolate. So good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 1:27 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

10c for a chico babie? Red frogs were only 5c and were the luxury lollie in your little white bag of assorted goodies. Them and cobbers: square of caramel covered in chocolate. So good.

Yeah back years ago pretty much all lollies were 5c each, at least all the ones to put in those bags were. Now when I go to the deli to pick up the fish and chips they all have 10c each written on them. Even the glorious red frogs. Gotta love those.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Fair enough to scrap the 1c and 2c, but why worry about the 5c? It's not a problem so why bother?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 1:40 pm

CHORUS wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

Yeah back years ago pretty much all lollies were 5c each, at least all the ones to put in those bags were. Now when I go to the deli to pick up the fish and chips they all have 10c each written on them. Even the glorious red frogs. Gotta love those.

Gone are the days where you can walk in with 50c and walk out a god amongst men Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 1:47 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
CHORUS wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

Gone are the days where you can walk in with 50c and walk out a god amongst men Sad

Indeed. LONG gone.

On a similar point, remember when you could get a meat pie at the swimming pools for $1.80?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 1:51 pm

With free sauce to. Now they charge anywhere from 20c to 50c.. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Yeah it's a joke. Not as bad as the servo I used to work in though, where 1.25L of Coke/Sprite/whatever will set you back $4.80
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 2:08 pm

CHORUS wrote:
Yeah it's a joke. Not as bad as the servo I used to work in though, where 1.25L of Coke/Sprite/whatever will set you back $4.80

A 600ML coke is getting close to that now. $3.90 in the vending machines at work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tanswell87
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Leave the 5 cents alone! I bribe my nephews with all the change I don't want
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Midnight Tinkler
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 3:05 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:

lol go back to the 1930's pops Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 3:21 pm

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
CHORUS wrote:

A 600ML coke is getting close to that now. $3.90 in the vending machines at work.

I'm happy enough to get the 80c cheap coke/lemonade from Coles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 3:24 pm

The Midnight Tinkler wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:

lol go back to the 1930's pops Laughing

If could go back I'd definitely warn your grampa not to procreate..

Last edited by RED&GREEN4EVA on Mon May 16, 2011 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 3:27 pm

The importance of quoting. >> <<

Last edited by Cynic on Mon May 16, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CHORUS
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Mon May 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Yeah Coles or IGA is the way to go
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Tue May 17, 2011 9:20 am

as someone who works in a newsagency, i say scrap it as all it does is frustrate the hell out of me when having to give 5 cents change to everyone, waste of time
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   Tue May 17, 2011 10:29 am

Well I better start collecting 5 cent coins, they're gonna become valuble collecters edition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?   

Back to top Go down

The five-cent piece: to keep or to scrap?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum