HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

New payment plan for some Centrelink clients to reduce "free money" scam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: New payment plan for some Centrelink clients to reduce "free money" scam   Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Before I be called a hypocrite for assumptions. I am 16 years old, and doing Newstep which is basically equivalent of year 12 but the subjects that you need to gain knowledge for your career choice. I also work 3 days a week as a baker, I do recieve a reduced centrelink amount as I am only an apprentice and i live away from home and have to pay living expenses such as rent!.

For Centrelink customers 18 years or over on Newstart or Youth Allowance to stop customers taking advantage of an government agency who funnells funds straight from the working tax payer to the unemployed.

Centrelink should not HAND OUT cash to the customer. They should have an income bank for each customer to go out and spend money with food vouchers given or an invoice sent to Centrelink. ID must be shown to the grocer who prints out an Invoice which will be sent to Centrelink. Say $200 a fortnight MAX (Unemployed) should be allowed to the centrelink customer which does not include Cigarettes or Alchohol as a "food" source; However the customer does not receive leftover funds in cash form if they don't spend that much, It rolls over in their income bank so If they do the wrong thing by Centrelink and get a non-payment period, the funds can be used either for food or to pay rent during a time of distress.

A Travel Allowance is the only cash credit given and covers expenses to get to Employment Service Providers and Centrelink appointments and for leisure purposes, $50 bucks a fortnight is a suggestive amount. Obviously the travel allowance is only a suggestive form of spending the money (but it also covers Centrelink's arse if failure to attend appointments ends with excuses of i ran out of money so i couldn't make it) but there will be a minimal amount to spend on leisure activities it would be up to the Customer on how they spend it, knowing they have responsibilities in earning this payment plan.

Why I've come up with this?
The Taxpayer who has employment shouldn't have to deal with the unemployed spending their own money if it isn't part of a living expense.

How Centrelink Customers spend their money could have a negative influence on their chances of seeking employment.

Centrelink Customers may see a shortfall in what they expect from Centrelink and will then try to benefit their financial prediction by Gambling.

How they spend their money I believe is a cop out to Centrelink and the Taxpayers, This payment plan should be seen as a beneficiary to able employment seekers to get out and look for work. The way I see it, It's the government's money that these unemployed folk are calling their own and are doing nothing to earn it, I realise how they spend their money may end up back in the government anyway but I believe it's the principle of it. These people are spending the government's money under what should be false pretenses.

Centrelink's frame of mind in this instance should be they are lending money to Customers for general living expenses and it's a false pretense that they are spending their money on alchohol or gambling when Centrelink only loaned the credit for those certain expenses.

Even if customers complain, I think it's a beneficiary to them not just Centrelink or better satisfaction from people who work knowing where part of their money goes to. Yes PEOPLE have to live but I don't believe it's in their right to spend the money on anything other then necessity's and gaining basically a free ride and I think it would benefit the health and well being and life ambitions of these customers.

It would put a tight struggle on the customers ability to abuse the system without being forced to actively and genuinely seeking employment.

It would reduce any negative benefactors that would have a bad say in one's ability to gain employment, spenditure of gambling or drinking activities MAY cause mental instability which may not be seen as a genuine disability, But the motivation by the customer won't be there to look for work.

It may harm businesses but food and beverage prices are continuously on the rise anyway so In the long run they may not find it as much of a pinch.

This would only apply to Centrelink Customers who are unemployed and are physically and mentally capable of seeking employment.

This would only apply to Youth Allowance customers who are 18 years and older .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: New payment plan for some Centrelink clients to reduce "free money" scam   Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:18 pm

i didn't read this but i do have problems with people scamming the system for alcohol and cigs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: New payment plan for some Centrelink clients to reduce "free money" scam   Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:27 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: New payment plan for some Centrelink clients to reduce "free money" scam   Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:14 pm

THTR in trying to sound intelligent shocker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: New payment plan for some Centrelink clients to reduce "free money" scam   Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:18 pm

Queens Park wrote:
THTR in trying to sound intelligent shocker.

In trying to sound Intelligent, I've received vast discussion on another forum with 87 replies so far none of which criticised my post but kept on topic with what I am talking about, This discussion doesn't even remotely look like it's coming to a close.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=386483
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: New payment plan for some Centrelink clients to reduce "free money" scam   Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:06 pm

the topic diverted from your post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: New payment plan for some Centrelink clients to reduce "free money" scam   Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Queens Park wrote:
the topic diverted from your post.

It created discussion full stop. You are a fuckwit of the highest order.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New payment plan for some Centrelink clients to reduce "free money" scam   

Back to top Go down

New payment plan for some Centrelink clients to reduce "free money" scam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Forumotion.com | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum