HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Positioning

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Positioning   Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:14 pm

Positioning for AFLMG will be using the 2012 supercoach positioning and prospectus.

A rough guide can be estimated from the supercoach/prospectus for 2011, which I possess.

I'll explain

if a player is DEF only in SC - they can play back pocket or flank. If they're DEF/MID - they can play back pocket, flank, mid, rr, rover, centre.

Makes sense?

The prospectus will be used for key positioning - the prospectus is made by the same people as supercoach.

Key position can play in a pocket, but not a flank.

If a player is listed as: Def - Tall - Key or Fwd - Tall - Key or Utility - Key/Tall then they can play at CHB/FB for backs and CHF/FF for forward.

Example: Franklin - FWD - Tall - KEY (FWD IN SC) - can play Forward flank, pocket, chf or ff

Jared Brennan - Utility - Tall (FWD/MID in SC) - can play wing, centre, ruck rover, rover, forward pocket, chf, ff BUT NOT a forward flank - flanks are reserved for non key players.

Andy Otten - DEF - Tall - GEN (Def in SC) - not key, so can only play flank/pocket.

----------------

It's a system where there is no debate - a query thread will be set up so if you want to know, post and I'll tell you their position, so you don't have to buy the book. The prospectus is very lenient on talls too - most 3rd backs are listed as key (gilbert etc.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Positioning   Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:36 pm

That has confused the F*** out of me

I think we have to keep it simple
Backmen have to play in backline etc
But you have to name at least 2 KPF and KPD

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Positioning   Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Yeah that's what I'm saying - and a backman is decided by their SC positioning.

I just remember last time we tried KPF there was huge debate over people like ROK - people will differ over what is key - so this is a concrete thing that allows no debate (the champ data prospectus)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Positioning   

Back to top Go down

Positioning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Member Games :: Manager Games :: AFL Manager Game-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum