HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:50 pm

All Blacks were just dominant, Dagg, Kahui, Jane, they were so much better than the Aussie backs.

Pocock was treated harshly due to the media sniping this week...but still...he wasn't great. Quade was disappointing again, although the tactics by the Kiwis were spot on.

Just have to hope for a shock from the French....i just don't see it happening though...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Really the only way this ABs side can lose to France is if they go in half-cocked. They cannot afford to underestimate them because they can still beat anyone on the day. They legitimately beat England but scraped past Wales with a multitude of things going their way (and yet still only just beat a 14-man team) - but they CANNOT be underestimated...

ABs were freakishly dominant and the score would've been much higher had Weepu been slotting his kicks (seems he was crook). Thought Cruden had a stellar match to silence the attackers from his match in Sydney - his drop goal especially showed great control and maturity - front-foot ball or no, that was class. MOM for me was actually Kaino though - Jane was superb with what was thrown at him for sure but Kaino not only hit every ruck like a torpedo but his defensive efforts (especially on Ioane) changed the whole course of the match; with Elsom playing like a retarded monkey there was nobody in the Wallabies pack to match him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:27 pm

all i gotta say is; choke that baby
the only kiwi that choked on Sunday was quade
AB's forward were awesome. pocock maybe the best openside but mccaw is the best/greatest player in the world.
NZ were justified not picking deans as AB's coach. sucker, shouldnt have dropped cullen.
SBW's brain explosion sending off should cost him his spot, bring on gear!!
those drop kicks were never on. each drop kick attempt had a backline ready to attack and a few had an AB's overlapping the aus'
janes the man.
thorn and kaino had massive games.
quade blooper and pocock were played like a fiddles. tactics of kicking to cooper and running at pocock was brilliant
awesome strategy, tactics and execution

ps i knew france would win, just didnt think it would be that inept boring and full of lacklustre comedy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:39 pm

Owen Franks!

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Thought Cruden's DG was justified actually - for the mental boost it gave the whole team and just the feeling of confidence it pushed out that yes, we can pull them off.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:11 am

yeah it gave the AB's some reward for being parked so long in their quarter. but still there was a backline lined up and ready. not such a big deal when you get them.
dagg's drop goal was uncalled for and relieved a lot of pressure for aus at the time.

going for dg's is cool, provided you get them
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:27 am

was funny before kick off that the commentators said that AB's supporters were very sombre. i cracked up as I knew it was because they like every other AB's supporter was holding their breath

come the last 5 mins of the match though you could hear the support coming from the grandstands

went out sunday with my colours showing loud and proud and i must say that i was impressed with how many people were wearing AB's tops or dressed completely in black. nice touch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:37 am

Frankly Dagg annoyed me - yeah his work was fantastic but his attitude was horrible - he got in Cruden's way more often than not and especially that DG which Cruden should've taken, Dagg just jumped in front and then shelled a useless bomb - actually saw Cruden at one point telling him to just get the F*** out of his way.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:47 am

yeah i spotted that last week as well, that cruden was getting shunted around and other players taking over his roles. at that time it was nonu, weepu and conrad. this week however those canes players let cruden shine and shine he did.

yeah the dg of dagss p!ssed me off as well. we had an over lap lined up and he killed it by 1)going for the DG then 2) missing. cruden was justified telling him to fk off considering that he'd nailed a dg so should've gone back to him for the next attempt.

what worried me about dagg is the amount of unforced errors that creapt into his game. mil's never would've been such a devasting attacking force that dagg is but dagg made more errors in that game than mils would've made in a season.

dagg is on the cusp of being a world great FB if he can elimainate his error rate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:51 am

Yeah he made some bad errors - kicked a bit too much too but it was kinda not such a big deal because they chased so well.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:19 am

anyone see elsom put a choke hold on conrad? my partner saw it so rewound and watched it a couple of times and Elsom cleaned out conrad but then went on and looked to be holding conrad down by the neck. real childish as the ball been out of the ruck for a few seconds and elsom just carried it on.
thought he'd be cited for it but cant find anything about it. i think the maori TV picked up on it as when i changed over they were saying that elsom would be sitting out the 3/4 playoff. BuckShelford was calling elsom a childish dik head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:06 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:49 am

Awesome to read that - easily the best ref in the world IMO. Some aussies (not here) are actually trying to claim Joubert was biased in his refereeing which is bollocks. Dunno about Aus TV but Sky made a point of checking every penalty he put against Aus and every one was legitimate - he also made a point of explaining every penalty clearly - Aus really cannot claim bias there.
Back to top Go down
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:06 am

Just want to say congrats to the ABS and well done on ridding the choke tag and taking out the world cup Wink

Nah seriously though good luck in the Final, i will however be on the French bandwagon.

From the get go we were never in the game, it was tough to watch to be honest. It was roles reversed in the Tri-nations, but this time the ABS were the ones that came out guns blazing. They were very clinical, so good under the highball while we were shocking. I thought when we got a penalty right in front it would have been nice to have a crack, i'm not exactly sure what the score was but by that time we were already a few behind and it was obvious we were going to get limited opportunities that close throughout the game. Not really much else to say, they were better at everything and fully deserved the win. The core of our group are extremely young and barring an exodus to league or overseas or something i think we'll do really well next time around. Hopefully Quade remembers this feeling and sticks around because he's the one i'm most worried about leaving.

Now for this 3rd place playoff shit.. I don't think it's needed tbh. The boys are shattered and who really cares who finished 3rd. Hell no one even cares who finishes 2nd it's all about the winner. Deans did raise a good point though i suppose, the boys are shattered but instead of going straight home we have a chance to get another game and rid a little bit of that feeling.. However soon as they reflect on the WC of course they will remember the AB loss so i stand by what i said.

Overall i think the emergence of a few minnows really excited people this WC, i just feel a number of the bigger nations weren't on their game (including us) and for that reason this WC has been disappointing for me.

Team of the WC: ABS
Besides ABS: Wales
Player of the WC: Nonu

and just on that to think people were bagging him and calling for SBW to start before him. What a deadset joke that was looking back and credit to Nonu for rubbing their faces in it. He has been absolutely brilliant, it's the most focused i've ever seen him tbh and i can't even remember him doing any cheap shit that is so often in his game.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KromyD
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:47 am

Will there be a player of the tournament? Surely Kaino could be up there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:20 pm

I always thought Kaino was a outside back or inside 3/4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:52 pm

@beckham. i imagine the game was as hard for you to watch as it was for NZ feeling the anxiety leading up to it.

yeah this WC has been mixed. minnows stepped up and brought a lot more than expected. really disapointed with the northernHemisphere teams and Argentina. they sucked big time. of the NH teams Ireland and Wales were the best but even then they were shown up.

I'm glad Aus lost it. WC champion should be undefeated through the entire tournament. If aus had topped their pool then i doubt that France would've made it as far and the finals wouldnt be such a farce. how France have made it so far is an embarrassment. shame on England and Wales for getting beat by a bGrade side. considering that France still havent had their one great game yet Wales and England should've dispatched them easily.

chances are France will play their one great game this weekN. AB's hopefully take nothing for granted and come with a solid gameplan and dominate the French for the 1st half then put 20-40 points on them for the 2nd half. p!ssed off that France have made it this far. should've been Aus in the finals. France better front and make this an awesome finals.

other than that i've enjoyed this WC but then I'm a kiwi and watching the AB's in this tournament quietly getting better and better has been awesome. vs Aus was the culmination of a lot of frustration and rivalry against the bitterest of our honoured enemies. it was good that the AB's played at least 1 SH team in the play offs. would've been good to play the Boks as well (and won) but the draw didnt allow playing both
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:29 pm

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/5826995/All-Blacks-unveil-same-starting-team-for-final

All Blacks: Israel Dagg, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Richard Kahui, Aaron Cruden, Piri Weepu, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (capt), Jerome Kaino, Sam Whitelock, Brad Thorn, Owen Franks, Keven Mealamu, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Andrew Hore, Ben Franks, Ali Williams, Adam Thomson, Andy Ellis, Stephen Donald, Sonny Bill Williams

no vito.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:19 am

disappointed SBW kept his spot really - Gear could've ripped up late in the game while SBW is more likely to do something dumb (like throw an intercepted offload or...I dunno...get yellow-carded).

Oh well - go the ABs
Back to top Go down
kingkingston
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:16 pm

ALL Blacks 2011 World Cup Champions
http://www.facebook.com/pages/ALL-Blacks-2011-World-Cup-Champions/294417000588280

Well done All Blacks
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aussiesportsforum.com/
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:21 pm

France were the better team on the day but as a whole the ABS have been the best team for a long long time. Well done kiwis, enjoy. Great final must say i thought France were going to knick it.. If only they did, NZ would have been riot central Laughing

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:56 pm

Congrats to NZ. They did play scrappy in the 2nd half and I thought the French were gonna get it.

No doubt they won the cup for the people that were lost in the Christchurch earthquakes. Gives the whole of NZ something to cheer about after a gloomy year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:01 am

There's one player on that field who was really annoying me though, making stupid mistakes and putting undue pressure on the team amidst some good work - no, not Weepu - Dagg. In a game where you needed structure, team-work, consistency, and safe percentage football - Dagg was running around like a headless chicken or aimlessly kicking it straight back to the French. That try France got that Nonu and Weepu are being hit for? Dagg took it into the tackle: Selfishly because there was a 2-on-1 overlap outside him with Smith and Kahui; and badly because the resulting ruck was a mess which allowed Harinordiquay to kick through Nonu's legs to free up the ball. Yes Nonu failed to secure the ruck, and yes Weepu's "pass" was a disaster - but Dagg started it by trying to be glory-boy.

He staunchly stayed on with a sore hip after his fall, and made an awesome kick into touch right near the end to (permanently as it turned out) relieve territory pressure on the ABs; but for me that doesn't excuse his mistake-ridden game before that.

/rant
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:25 am

you don't like Israel Dagg do you?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:34 am

the top 5 ABs last night in my opinion were:

1. Kieran Read
2. Richard Kahui
3. Conrad Smith
4. Tony Woodcock
5. Owen Franks

thought Weepu and Mealamu both had disappointing games especially when comparing with recent form.

I was so worried when I saw Cruden go down, was shouting at the TV. NOT DONALD! BRING ON ELLIS!! but I needn't have worried Stevey D did the job. Was obvious they tried to keep the ball away from him. The winning points came of his boot, our 4th choice First-Five. It wasn't a great win but much respect to the French they definitely put up a valiant fight.

I AM SO HUNGOVER TODAY! Had a job interview at 9:30 in the morning hope I hid the hangover. So relieved the World Cup is over and we get to hold on to it for 4 years. Bring on England 2015! We're going to be the first team to go back to back.

This thread needs a bit of this:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to: