HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:09 am

Wales are entirely possible to get through to the final now - in fact if Wales had beaten SA it couldn't happen (unless nz lose to france...).

Really any of the 4 NH teams can make the final...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:14 am

Really enjoying the World Cup. First time I've really gotten into rugby and loving the way the minnows are taking it to the big nations... in saying that I can see South Africa putting 100 on Namibia tonight

No school the past couple of weeks bar exams so I've been at home a lot so I've watched the majority of the afternoon games.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:43 pm

saffa's did well though namibia showed flashes of brilliance but ran out of quality players to complete the movements.
schalk burger's included passing into his game and is doing really well though passing a bit much at times. schalk would have to be one of my favourite players outside of the AB's and imho have to say that he's getting better; which is scarey for an AB's supporter.
agree with Brenton that this WC is much more competitive than previous. minow teams arent the easy beats they usually are.
my partner mentioned last night that this is the WC of big hits and have to agree. even namibia put in some big bone jarring tackles last night. nice to see some fight in these minnow games.

I like the attitude = if u cant win the game may as well get some good hits in

gameTipper - reckon aus will take it easy vs USA. they're hurt and too hyped up for a blindside ambush that ireland accomplished. would love for usa to win but reckon aus have too much respect for the minnow teams now and not going to make the same mistake of taking it lightly
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:39 am

australia will win but i dont think by that much....maybe 14 - 17 points.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GameTipper
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:13 am

Nice one Hank - you could be dead right there! I'm sticking with my 3-4 try&conv margin (kinda have to cos I've posted and have money on it already) and I'm not worried about the USA not making their line of -60pts! Looks to be a pretty solid bet for those interested in that sort of thing...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Http://www.gametipper.com
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:46 am

Nz should easily dispose of france, i do believe they named a shitty non full strength team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KromyD
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:52 am

Just saw Horne is gone and Fainga'a/McCabe could be too. 3 big losses for the Wallabies IMO.

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. O'Connor
12. Barnes
13. AAC
14. Mitchell
15. Beale

That will be all there backs used, unless they get replacements or Ioane comes back. However, they should bring in Giteau & Mortlock for Horne & 1 of Fainga'a/McCabe. Will bring so much experience and stability back into that backline.

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. O'Connor
12. Giteau
13. Mortlock
14. AAC
15. Beale

20. Burgess
21. Barnes
22. Mitchell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ag6858
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:21 am

England are killing Romania at the moment, leading 46-3 after 56 minutes. While this is nothing that we didn't expect, it is quite disappointing to see Romania make absolutely no progress on the international stage, while teams like Japan are pushing the big guns at times. For England, Cueto has scored three tries, Ashton has scored two, and Youngs and Foden have one each.

My prediction: 65-6 to England.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantasysports.forumotion.co.nz
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Can't stop laughing at the French centre Number 11 with his mutten chops hahahaahaha Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:04 pm

ag6858 wrote:
England are killing Romania at the moment, leading 46-3 after 56 minutes. While this is nothing that we didn't expect, it is quite disappointing to see Romania make absolutely no progress on the international stage, while teams like Japan are pushing the big guns at times. For England, Cueto has scored three tries, Ashton has scored two, and Youngs and Foden have one each.

Nice prediction there mate, not far off.

Wallabies smashed USA 67-5 so now we have to hope somehow Ireland lose their next game so we come 1st in our pool?

If we come 2nd I heard we play South Africa then if we win that we most likely move onto NZ, can't see us getting out of that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:14 am

KromyD wrote:
Just saw Horne is gone and Fainga'a/McCabe could be too. 3 big losses for the Wallabies IMO.

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. O'Connor
12. Barnes
13. AAC
14. Mitchell
15. Beale

That will be all there backs used, unless they get replacements or Ioane comes back. However, they should bring in Giteau & Mortlock for Horne & 1 of Fainga'a/McCabe. Will bring so much experience and stability back into that backline.

9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. O'Connor
12. Giteau
13. Mortlock
14. AAC
15. Beale

20. Burgess
21. Barnes
22. Mitchell

How long are they out for Kromy? You know that, in a WC, if an injured player is replaced he can't come back eh? They will only call up replacements if the guy is essentially for the whole tournament and/or if they're in desperate need of cover. I think McCabe's likely to be out (probably replaced by Gits, but Deans might call up someone else if he's really petty, which he is) but they were saying Faingaa is looking pretty good. Ioane's not due to return until the final, if they get that far. They won't recall Mortlock - guarantee it.

ag6858 wrote:

Harsh on Romania mate - they put in a great showing against Scotland and are just not really bothering against England - much like Japan rolled over for the ABs but stood up to France. It's all about money really - Japan have their own internal club competition with tons of money pumped into the local game, and they have regular competitions against the PI countries; while Romania have to send their stars offshore to play in the european competitions in England/France and have little going on internally.

All_Star94 wrote:
Can't stop laughing at the French centre Number 11 with his mutten chops hahahaahaha Laughing

French wolverine! Smile

Brenton wrote:
Wallabies smashed USA 67-5 so now we have to hope somehow Ireland lose their next game so we come 1st in our pool?

If we come 2nd I heard we play South Africa then if we win that we most likely move onto NZ, can't see us getting out of that.

Yeah Aus are basically counting on Ireland losing to Italy in order to reclaim the top spot - Aus do have an advantage of having scored 2 BPs from their 3 games while Ireland haven't got any BPs yet so if Ireland do lose then Aus should advance 1st. Don't see it happening - and yeah, barring a major upset (i.e. Samoa beating SA) then Aus will finish 2nd and play the Boks in a Quarter-Final.

My predictions:

QFs - England v France | SA v Aus | NZ v Arg | Ireland v Wales
SFs - SA v NZ | England v Ireland
GF - NZ v Ireland

Very Happy

Lot of rugby to be played yet though.
Back to top Go down
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:37 am

QFs - England v France | SA v Aus | NZ v Arg | Ireland v Wales
SFs - SA v NZ | England v Wales
GF - NZ v England

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:45 am

Yeah if Wales topple Ireland then England to an historic 3rd final in a row...
Back to top Go down
ag6858
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:00 am

Ireland have defeated Russia 62-12 at Rotorua. Russia's second half was a big improvement, as the Irish completely bulldozed them in the first half. Ronan O'Gara won man of the match for Ireland for his 15 point haul of six conversions and a penalty.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantasysports.forumotion.co.nz
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:29 pm

wow awesome WC so far.

Saffa's would have to be the most improved.getting better every game.

Aus must be happy with their injured players coming back and playing decent minutes. aus side is decidely dangerous with the return of drewMitchell (scored a try then set the next one up), wycliffPalu (ran pretty well, shame still has poo hands) and BerrickBarnes. all teams should be worried as aus are infinately a better side with these 3 included. aus team will be a totally different/better beast. injured players coming back will change the entire dynamics of the aus squad for the better. thought aus were good enough with the players they already had, scarey now that they're better.

AB's are steadily chugging along. no where as improved as the saffa's but still quietly in with a chance. must say I liked daggs performance...but he joins the line a bit too often resulting in being out of the defensive line for counter attacks. intercept try by france showed that dagg was no where to be seen as he was in the line attacking at the time. he's gotta learn to balance his game. getting tries is cool, stopping tries is better.

good hard fought win by samoa vs fiji though on this performance cant see them beating the saffa's. i live in hope though

argentina vs scotland game was painful. puma's have lost a lot of strike power since the last WC. no where near as good as i expected them to be. contemponi is the man; who plays with a lot of heart. here's a guy that musta been drugged up to the eyeballs with pain killers but not only lasted the whole game but played like an openside of defence, constantly attacking the line and was absolutely everywhere and fully involved. player of the match. game was stifling, boring at times and scotland lost it for themselves but it was awesome watching contemponi's efforts and reminds you of how much this tournament means to a lot of players that have a history in the WC.
argentina may have a weaker side than usual but they arent short of intestinal fortitude.

AB's have their work cut out for them and a steep mountain to climb to grab that elusive webEllis. totally in with a chance but nothings guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:48 pm

was disapointed with WanyneBarnes. not solely his fault but his handling of injuries was terrible. argentina spent considerable time playing with 14 players when one was down on the field injured. barnes didnt stop play but it still stagnated as he argued with the players whether play should stop or not
i know he's getting directive from paddy about cutting out injury stoppages. i agree with no stoppages when the attacking team is making quick plays. but these injuries had a line out, kick for touch etc. easily a lot of stoppages where you could've subbed the injured player off.
i agree that ref's need to stamp out injuries for the sake of getting a rest but the way barnes handled it was devoid of common sense and i thought that it lead to barnes losing control of the game as players kept pointing out injured players then questioning why there was no stoppage.
barnes was heard asking scotland if play should stop for an injured puma's player. of course scotland were gonna say no, but the fact that barnes had time to ask and discuss with the scots captain counts as a stopage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:50 pm

Totally agree about barnes - only watched a little bit of the game but what I saw was awful. Also the cheek of his when an Argie player (#7) was down, then got up and started REALLY limping to try and move it and Barnes says "I have to carry on now because you're on your feet!" I mean, come on!
Back to top Go down
mozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:33 am

what the hell was with all that injury crap? it happened in the Samoa-Fiji game too!!

Loving the world cup though, Argentina-Scotland's last 10 minutes was epic, even if the quality wasn't great

NZ are the real deal though...if you had a brilliant number 9 you'd be unbeatable. On that note...what was with France's 2nd try? did the ref just kind of...give in to pressure?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Sep 26, 2011 3:36 am

Yeah none of our 9's are greats but all solid in their own ways.

And I reckon the ref gave in with that French try as I'm certain he didn't whistle for time on.
Back to top Go down
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:42 am

oh i didnt realise that he'd timed out. in that case the try was illegal.
i can understand why he gave it and the AB's need to realise that only the captain should be talking to the ref and everyone else should be setting up.
i remember aus trying it one time when AB's wanted to go for a quick tap and the ref stopped it because he was talking to i think gregan at the time. totally ripped off and lost the opportunity for a quick play.
hopefully the AB's have learnt.
mozza, not sure if the AB's are the realDeal but they are getting there. my biggest concern is the other 2 triNations. Aus were already dangerous and now they have mitchell, palu and barnes back. i'm worried.
saffa's are just improving everygame.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
All_Star94
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:27 am

Wales smashed Namibia 81-7. Lucky for Namibia, they don't have NZ in their group because NZ could've ended up scoring 100 points
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:12 pm

Unless we see a massive game in the last rounds of pool play this could be the first RWC since 1991 that a team hasn't scored 100 points in game.

1995 NZL 145 - JAP 17 (1995)
1999 NZL 101 - ITA 3 & ENG 101 - TON 10
2003 AUS 142 - NAM 0 & ENG 111 URU 13
2007 NZL 108 - POR 13

Really proves the gap between the minnow nations and the top teams is closing. Great to see international rugby getting stronger.

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:10 pm

Vamos´╗┐ Pumas !!!!! Canejo !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:12 pm

Wayne Barnes is a real dumb ass referee for asking the argentinian players to play on when Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe was down. Santiago Phelan should have also called in for substitution sooner. One can still see unprofessional refereeing and it's now the 7th RWC! Hopefully this sort of refereeing doesn't happen anymore. Way´╗┐ to go Pumas.. or should I say Jaguars! It's about time they changed the name to what the actual animal on the UAR emblem really is coz Carl Kohler's also another dumb ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:49 pm

AB's for Canada named

Mils Muliaina, Israel Dagg, Conrad Smith, Sonny Bill Williams, Zac Guildford, Dan Carter, Jimmy Cowan, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (capt), Jerome Kaino, Ali Williams, Sam Whitelock, Owen Franks, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Ben Franks, Brad Thorn, Anthony Boric, Piri Weepu, Colin Slade, Isaia Toeava

go mils. despite myself i hope Zac has a good game. be a shame for him to miss the rest of the cup. when he's got his game on he contributes a lot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand   

Back to top Go down

Rugby World Cup 2011 - New Zealand
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum