HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination

Go down 
AuthorMessage
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:14 am

Qualifying Finals

GEELONG vs HAWTHORN
Melbourne Cricket Ground
7.45pm (EST) Friday, September 9

COLLINGWOOD vs WEST COAST
Melbourne Cricket Ground
2.20pm (EST) Saturday, September 10

Elimination Finals

ST KILDA vs SYDNEY
Etihad Stadium, Melbourne
7.20pm (EST) Saturday, September 10

CARLTON vs ESSENDON
Melbourne Cricket Ground
2.40pm (EST) Sunday, September 11
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:40 am

Geelong Hawthorn and Carlton Essendon games should be absolute crackers!
Think Pies should bounce back and win comfortably against the Eagles whereas the Saints Swans should be good but in the same category as the other two games.
My tips:
Geelong by 10
Collingwood by 45
St.Kilda by 17
Carlton by 7

Early days now but can't wait for it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:41 am

Got my tickets to Sundays game today

I think we will win by 6-7 goals
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:40 pm

Will be attempting to grab myself tickets tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some fairly alright seats. And I'd be surprised if there was more than 5 goals between the sides at the end tbh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:22 pm

liam_bombers wrote:
Will be attempting to grab myself tickets tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some fairly alright seats. And I'd be surprised if there was more than 5 goals between the sides at the end tbh.

Ticketek is stupid
I got on at 9-30 this morning and went for best available and got row FF in bottom level, which I happily took
I went on before just to see what I would have got now and row E is best option now

So I think it's luck of the draw, so good luck mate
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:24 pm

I am gonna get them at 12pm tomorrow as soon as they come out. As long as I can see the field, I'm all good!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:29 pm

That's the attitude I had
Any seat will do me, but it's annoying when you go best available and it's clearly not
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:38 pm

I'd much rather a long way back on the top level than way back on the bottom. In saying that though, I had row SS or something last time we played you, and they were actually a lot closer than I had first thought, so your tickets are pretty good. Hoping to get tickets (one concession and one child) tomorrow. Surely I won't need to provide a card or anything for proof of a concession at the gate? Being the cheapo I am, I get kids tickets for regular season.

A mate of mine who's an Essendon member was showing me his ticketing options today and adult was $50. Adult would be way too much to pay for general public then if thats correct....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:45 pm

Can you actually see the players at the roof of the MCG? I've never been, but I imagine you'd be squinting a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Danger32 wrote:
Can you actually see the players at the roof of the MCG? I've never been, but I imagine you'd be squinting a lot.

Have sat right up the back and you can easily tell who each player is. And can see most of the numbers, depending on your eyesight.

I also HIGHLY recommend going along to a game there if you are ever in Melbourne. Nothing like a big 80,000+ game at the 'G Thumbright
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealDevils
Legend

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:27 pm

liam_bombers wrote:
Danger32 wrote:

Have sat right up the back and you can easily tell who each player is. And can see most of the numbers, depending on your eyesight.

I also HIGHLY recommend going along to a game there if you are ever in Melbourne. Nothing like a big 80,000+ game at the 'G Thumbright
99k, and 2007 Grand Final. Nothing like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.otc-forums.com
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:34 pm

TealDevils wrote:
liam_bombers wrote:
Danger32 wrote:

There sure was nothing like it, just BEAUTIFUL! Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealDevils
Legend

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:01 pm

liam_bombers wrote:
TealDevils wrote:
liam_bombers wrote:
Danger32 wrote:

There sure was nothing like it, just BEAUTIFUL! Laughing
Interesting experience to be honest. The atmosphere for the first 5 minutes was electric.
Back to top Go down
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:44 am

Got tickets, section Q31, row M, Ponsford stand. Think that's Carlton cheersquad end, and may not see much of whats going on in the goalsquare but really don't care, just happy to get tickets!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
south01
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:24 pm

Nice work on the tickets, I got tickets for Saints on Saturday on level 2 members, should be awesome hey, can't wait, Go Saints!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:28 am

Danger32 wrote:

It's actually a good view. I have no problem on working who is who, it's very clear.

I wont be able to go to the match due to our B&F count on Sunday. Bloodyu shattered. But the thing is on at someone's house and we all plan on watching the match so it's all good.

I'm feeling confident going into the Essendon match. The only concern though is our lack of talls. Really need Setanta to play like he did last week. I'm tipping us by 19 points.

Was a good game last night. Any news on Franklin's injury yet? Huge news.

I'm tipping Collingwood by 11 points today. Seems as though Reid isn't playing today. The pies could be stretched down back with the loss of Tarrant and Reid competing with Kennedy, Darling etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Been 3 low scoring games so far hopefully it's a high scoring affair tommorrow.
Stoked with the win over Hawthorn couldn't ask for much more did what we didn't do last eyar and that stuffed us up as we had to play the pies in the prelim..so hoping the bombers kick out Carlton that would be ideal...don't wanna be playing against Carlton.
Thought WCE were pretty good gave Collingwood a scare but in the end the better team won.
And terrific performance by Sydney had the feeling that the Saitns were gonna run over the top of them but they were resilient so kudos to them...sets up an intruiging game against Hawthorn next week...all depends if Buddy plays for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TealDevils
Legend

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:06 am

See the bombers crash out, out.
Back to top Go down
neil21
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Amazing today
Apart from some wobbly kicking we were great, 22 contributors (Davies didn't do much but it's hard to do much in the green jacket)
Marc Murphy took his game to another level, and Robbie Warnock played his best game destroyed Hille and Ryder

Next week over to Perth, I give ourselves a real good chance. The big ground will suit our runners, only real concern is their height in forward line as they carved us up in round 14 but we had no Jamison, Laidler and Hendetson was still playing as a forward

Anyway it's our first final win since 2001 and I'm pumped
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hank Moody
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:15 pm

Tipping the Swans as the darkhorse Wink Goodes I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
carlton12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:38 pm

You bloody beauty! Marc Murphy you gun, legend. Our forwards really stepped up. Thornton was terrific, as was Walker. Betts and Garlett showed that they can perform on the big stage.

Will be a tough one against the Eagles next week but I reckon we're up for it.

Oh and I hope Gibbs is alright with his shoulder.

Cop that Bombers, see ya next year Grin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:48 pm

Well done to Carlton, they were brilliant on the day and deserved it. Off to the Perth slaughterhouse with you lot

Focus goes onto next year now. Hopefully have a good offseason and pick up some good players to replace the handful that are on the way out. After playing and losing again, at the MCG, I can't help but wish we could play more games there to get the feel for playing on the surface. The Dome is keeping us back. Unfortunately we are contracted to Shittyhad for another 2 decades
Back to top Go down
View user profile
south01
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:12 pm

yeah Bombers were disappointing but a huge improvement on the season from last year, Saints were pretty bad, looked like the Boston Celtics V Melbourne Tigers lol

God i hope Ross Lyon goes....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:35 pm

south01 wrote:
yeah Bombers were disappointing but a huge improvement on the season from last year, Saints were pretty bad, looked like the Boston Celtics V Melbourne Tigers lol

God i hope Ross Lyon goes....

your kidding right?

Theres no doubting his gameplay isnt the most exciting to watch, but hes a brilliant tactician that got the most out of our list. We have a handful of stars, no depth and a lot of talentless role players, yet Ross got us within a bounce of a ball and a toe-poke from two premierships. Seems like a knee-jerk reaction after what was no doubt a poor performance, but after all that happened on and off the field this year, the season cant be considered and un-qualified failure. Dissapointing end to a bumpy season, but theres no doubting his quality as a coach. Who will we get that would do a better job?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
liam_bombers
Guru

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Agreed with TGBY. He lead you guys to two straight grand finals for a reason. I hope the Saints don't have the same reaction and Lyon loses his job. Wouldn't be in St Kilda's best interests at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination   

Back to top Go down

AFL Finals 2011 - Qualifying and Elimination
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: AFL :: Matchday-
Jump to:  
Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum