HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

2011 IRB Player of the Year Nominees Announced

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: 2011 IRB Player of the Year Nominees Announced   Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:23 am

Winner will be announced on Monday.

Nominees are:

Thierry Dusautoir (France)
Will Genia (Australia)
Jerome Kaino (New Zealand)
Ma'a Nonu (New Zealand)
David Pocock (Australia)
Piri Weepu (New Zealand)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 IRB Player of the Year Nominees Announced   Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:26 am

Kaino should win IMO - he's been the most consistent this year of the lot.

Weepu only really blew into form in the QF, I'm actually surprised he's there at all, especially ahead of some of the Welsh players. Nonu has also been a little hot and cold going through the leadup to, and pools stages of the WC.

Had the Aus pack been performing better, Genia and Pocock would've looked even better and been in with more of a shot, but I can't see it happening - no offence to them and certainly no objection to them being there.

Dusautoir almost seems like a pity pick as, IMO, he's been outperformed by both of his current loose trio teammates - Bonnair and Hardoniquay.

Would've liked to see one or two Welsh here as they've been fantastic - Jamie Roberts and Sam Warburton especially (prior to his red card though I guess).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: 2011 IRB Player of the Year Nominees Announced   Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:16 pm

yeah nonu has had a massive year but has been pretty quiet in the last 2 games. mind u have to say that this is nonu's best year and if the irb were to take into account how screwed he was and the adversity of superRugby then he'd get it.

kaino has been the most consistent every game out of the kiwi's & should make it through. everygame he's put in some awesome tackles and has kept a real high workload with a very low error rate. think i remember him missing one tackle then he got up and put in a big smash.

weepu, not sure how he got there but must've been on the QF game

pocock, well he's been all right but has been out injured for most of the WC and then when he came back got totally owned by the AB's

Dusautoir IMHO should get it. Sure Bonnair and Hardoniquay have been more dynamic on attack but Dusautoir has been the rock for France and has held them together somehow. Just like people saying that richie has been overshadowed by read and kaino, Dusautoir and mccaw bring cohesion and leadership to the team as well doing more than their share of the workload.

Yeah Warburton should've been in there . not sure what kind of season he had before the WC but he must be the find of the century for Wales. roberts meh, has played well behind a dominant pack but really struggled vs France. cant question his commitment though as he stepped up and tried many times to get his team forward.

imo it should come down to kaino and Dusautoir. my kiwi bias and the fact I've watched all his games says kaino. my admiration for courage under fire in this WC would lean me towards Dusautoir .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2011 IRB Player of the Year Nominees Announced   Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:50 pm

Dussatoir got Player of the Year

Ted got Coach

AB's got Team
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: 2011 IRB Player of the Year Nominees Announced   Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Well deserved IMHO.

Incredible performance in the WC Final and he's definitely been the most consistent for the French. What a beast, huge respect for the man!

Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2011 IRB Player of the Year Nominees Announced   Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:02 pm

Dusatoir, i love him because he won me 600 dollars by scoring and being motm, just such a gun Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: 2011 IRB Player of the Year Nominees Announced   Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:08 pm

Dusatoir deserved winner.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 IRB Player of the Year Nominees Announced   

Back to top Go down

2011 IRB Player of the Year Nominees Announced
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Rugby-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum