HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

2012 Predictions

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Scotty
Guru

PostSubject: 2012 Predictions   Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:17 pm

NRL

Premiers: Storm
Minor Premiers: Storm
Most Improved Team: Titans
Biggest Flop, Team: Broncos
Most Improved Player: Jarryd Hayne
Biggest Flop, Player: I'll get back to you lol
Four Teams who will realistically compete for the title: Storm, Manly, Warriors, Cowboys.
Wooden Spoon: Raiders

Origin

Origin Result: QLD 2-1
Origin Player of the Series: Inglis

Awards

Dally M Winner: Thurston
Rookie of the Year: Jason Taumalolo

Few explanations on my choices.

Storm for Premiers, I think given how they went out this year and the fact that they have relatively the same squad as this year unlike when they started this season, plus Ryles who I think will really shine under Bellamy, they will IMO be the best team in the regular season again but this time won't go out like they did in the finals series.

Cowboys to be a realistic chance, Swap Tonga for Linnett and we have the same squad as this year where except for JT's injury we would have made the top 4 easily and progressed a lot further. We gave some valuable experience to some young guns like Tariq and Taumalolo, plus with a full season under their belts I believe players like Thompson, Segeyaro and KFFL will be better, add in another offseason to work on combinations between a team who really was half new at the start of this year. Tate to start the season with the whole offseason to gain confidence in his knee. Saying all that it does come down to JT staying fit, hopefully he will.

Most improved team the Titans, not saying they'll win but given they finished last they have the best chance of being the biggest improver, especially given their recruits.

Biggest Flop Broncos, sorry Broncs fans, and I know you'll all disagree, but without Lockyer I can't see you making the finals this upcoming season, maybe give it another year with the team getting used to a new style with a new halves pairing.

Biggest improver Hayne, IMO Hayne plays the best when he can contribute when he wants to, when he sees something, when he doesn't have to do everything himself, he'll have more support next year and will be much better IMO.

ROTY, Taumalolo has been the best forward in the TYC for the last two years and is still eligible even though he played a few games this season, the guy is an absolute gun, I can see him playing for NZ inside the next 18-24 months.

Thoughts/Comparisons?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:41 pm

NRL

Premiers: South Sydney
Minor Premiers: Melbourne
Most Improved Team: South Sydney
Biggest Flop, Team: St George Illawarra
Four Teams that will realistically compete for the Title- South Sydney, Melbourne, Manly & New Zealand Warriors
Wooden Spoon: Canberra

Origin Result: QLD 2-1
Origin Player of the Series: Greg Inglis

Awards:
Dally M POTY: Billy Slater
Rookie POTY: Evander Cummins

Explanations:

Do not write off the Rabbitohs- A Team formed of a quality coach a strong backline and forward pack but "lacking" in the halves?'; Does that remind you of a team?, Yes?. It's the 2011 NRL Premiers.

A Team filled with the best Centre combination in the competition and furthermore one of the most feared backline's in the NRL? If that's not enough South Sydney have made changes to their coaching staff in order to reduce the amount of injuries and to make recovery and rehabilitation from any injuries a smoother process and a better practice; With their roster of their forward pack at the peak of their powers they boast Kiwi Hooker Issac Luke along with two of the most intimidating young forwards in the game in Sam Burgess in defense and Dave Taylor in attack and also partner seasoned veteran(s) Roy Asotasi and Mick Crocker and handy benchman in SOO 18th man Ben Lowe, Scott Geddes, Luke Burgess and Nathan Peats along with the players that put their hand up in the wake of losing alot of good men to the war of the football gods.

Most pay towards the known fact that the Bunnies have lost a little "cheeky" general who has flown the burrow and headed west only for the club not to replace that man with a new conductor of the cardinal and myrtle orchestra though if readers can remember correctly Melbourne unveiled a individual by the name of Cooper Cronk one of the leading NRL halfbacks who formally played on the Wing; Who will ask who was the genius who led the decision and the assesment, analysis and performance of the switch along with the company of a former half in Matt Johns? Yep, That's right Michael Maguire.

Remember the face; Michael Maguire as Matthew Johns who worked with him under the storm brand labelled him "a genius", A hard tasker who has taken on all the training methods (which may include, players throwing up on the first day, boot camp style training and heavy work on set structure in attack and defnece) that have led to a team creating a dynasty of high distinction and many grand finals in the Melbourne Storm; Let's forget about the Salary Cap scandal as some say a forward pack creates the platform for the spine to perform in the best possible field position; When Melbourne Storm have many unknown quantity forwards at the helm and a semi-final spot is a bitter-sweet reward; You look at the coach and not the negatives. Affectionally known as Madge he has been a disciple of Bellamy for Six Seasons before finally flying the coop to coach his first head position at Wigan instantly winning an English Super League premiership in 2010 and a Challenge Cup in 2011 all from bringing what he knew to the table and acquiring his methods to the personnel he had to work with.

Greg Inglis, Matt King, Issac Luke, Sam Burgess, David Taylor & Nathan Merritt those are the names of the A-List that currently are posessed by the redfern based club, the one with all the history though without recent success; Believe the passion, Believe the hype as South Sydney will the fight!.

The Toyota Cup has produced some sparklers over their three year existance though the best is yet to come and one player is Evander Cummins; Possibly the brightest of all in the Under 20's competition who breaks tackles like he breaks kit-kats will likely to receive game time towards the origin period and to cover for injuries; If the guy get's the game time he will heavily push for rookie supremacy.

If Billy Slater will help it he will attempt to hold his consistant ways which included a powerful source of performance in the lows of the aftermath at the Storm; Named International Golden Boot in 2008 and Dally M POTY in 2011 as Melbourne look to re-build as will Slater's determation to once against come out on top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:17 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:35 am

I bet you a hundred million dollars that Souths will not win the comp
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:38 am

Brad wrote:
I bet you a hundred million dollars that Souths will not win the comp

I raise you 6 trillion

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:21 am

Tipping the Storm for Premiers and Minor Premiers, have to be confident with our squad being basically the same except with Ryles and Hoffman in for Blair. The Sharks will be the wooden spooners, Broncos to be the team that flops. Titans will improve the most and Idris will be the most improved player. DCE will have a fairly quiet season compared to this year too. Melbourne, West, Manly and Tigers will be the four dominant sides. QLD will win the origin series in a close series. Slater will get player of the series and Cronk will get the Dally M to make it all three members of the big three having won the biggest individual award!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:29 am

Premiers: Cowboys
Most Improved Team: Sharks (the selection of todd carney had no influence on why I chose sharks for that category)
Biggest Flop, Team: Broncos
Most Improved Player: Inglis
Biggest Flop, Player: Not sure
Four Teams who will realistically compete for the title: Storm, Manly, Newcastle, Cowboys.
Wooden Spoon: Roosters (again, todd carney did not play a role in why I chose them)

My thoughts on this year

Im not sure how the post-lockyer-thaiday-led Broncos will go this year, all areas are strong but the missing puzzle for a 5/8 will prove crucial. If they can fix that, they will be top 8 contenders for sure.

as for the rabbitohs, while THTR makes it sound like they are the real deal...you do have to keep in mind that this is the same crap they've been saying every year. It's almost routine. But i will say they will be more consistent then last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
panthersftw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:24 am

NRL

Premiers: Storm
Most Improved Team: Sharks
Biggest Flop, Team: Dragons
Most Improved Player: IMO Ben Roberts. I predict that Kearney will open up Robert's game to another level.
Biggest Flop, Player: James Maloney
Four Teams who will realistically compete for the title: Storm, Sea Eagles, Tigers and possibly Knights?
Wooden Spoon: Raiders

I'll keep it brief

Melbourne Storm to kill it next season. Their big three to fire, Widdop to continue shining in his second year of the NRL, Kevin Procter to play his best year yet and may even be a mention for NSW, Jason Ryles to ressurect his career.. I just think Melbourne will be the standouts next year in terms of their consistency.

I chose Parramatta as the most improved. Chris Sandow and Ben Roberts I reckon will spark the Eels to top 8 contenders, and with Hayne at fullback and Reni at lock, they have a lot of variety in attack. A full pre season under Stephen Kearney and the Parramatta Eels would be back and better in 2012.

Dragons to flop next season. They showed signs of it at the backend of last season and now without Wayne and Darius, I don't see Dragons going anywhere but further down on the ladder.

For Penrith, under the guidiance of a completely who NRL coaching staff, I see drastic changes in their performances next year. With a bit of optimism, I predicted Penrith to finish 7th at best. Just sneaking in the top 8 with a roster like that (hate to say it) would be a massive effort. Nevertheless, I'm hoping to see a new Penrith Panthers outfit next season, bigger and better from what they were this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:31 am

panthersftw wrote:
Kevin Procter to play his best year yet and may even be a mention for NSW

Proctor's a Kiwi who played his junior footy in Queensland...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
panthersftw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:37 pm

Brad wrote:
panthersftw wrote:
Kevin Procter to play his best year yet and may even be a mention for NSW

Proctor's a Kiwi who played his junior footy in Queensland...

oops
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manly4lyf
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:44 am

Thehattrickrabbit wrote:
NRL

Premiers: South Sydney

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brad
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:50 am

Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
manly4lyf
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:33 am

NRL

Premiers: Tigers
Minor Premiers: Tigers
Most Improved Team: Raiders
Biggest Flop, Team: Warriors
Most Improved Player: Terry Campese
Biggest Flop, Player: James Graham
Four Teams who will realistically compete for the title: Tigers, Manly, Melbourne, Cowboys
Wooden Spoon: Penrith

Origin

Origin Result: NSW 2-1
Origin Player of the Series: Gallen

Awards

Dally M Winner: Benji
Rookie of the Year: Jason Taumalolo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:33 pm

Premiers: Warriors
Minor Premiers: Cowboys
Most Improved Team: Sharks
Biggest Flop, Team: Dragons
Most Improved Player: Josh McGuire
Biggest Flop, Player: John Sutton
Four Teams who will realistically compete for the title: Storm, Warriors, Tigers and Cowboys
Wooden Spoon: Roosters, BY A MILE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Big Dell
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:19 pm

Premiers: Dragons bra
Minor Premiers: Dragons bra
Most Improved Team: Raiders bra
Biggest Flop, Team: Broncos bra
Most Improved Player: Kyle Stanley bra
Biggest Flop, Player: Peter Wallace bra
Four Teams who will realistically compete for the title: Dragons already premiers bra
Wooden Spoon: Broncos bra
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jtm91
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:26 am

no love for the ex team you fat black C*** wendell ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Big Dell
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:04 pm

excuse me jtm91, but that is not a very nice thing to say to a rugby league legend like myself. I take offence to that comment. Dragons forever you prick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PortPower
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:31 am

Biggest Flop, Broncos? Nice Joke.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fantasysports.forumotion.co.nz/
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 pm

I reckon Melbourne will win and beat the Bulldogs 14-4 in the Grand Final.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingkingston
Professional

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:25 pm

great prediction Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aussiesportsforum.com/
Holy Grail
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:47 am

woah brenton haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Danger32
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:39 am

Brenton wrote:
I reckon Melbourne will win and beat the Bulldogs 14-4 in the Grand Final.

F*** you Tina
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SUGEKNIGHT
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:11 pm

Brenton can suck a dick. Never liked that C***
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Brenton
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2012 Predictions   Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:28 am