HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Is football heading for it's own 'Final Whistle'?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MartynH
Trainee

PostSubject: Is football heading for it's own 'Final Whistle'?   Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:01 am

Hi guys,

New member here. I have joined because I strongly feel that the game of football has been subjected to considerable external abuse from media corporation, sponsors etc to a point that the pure original spirit of the once 'beautiful game' has all but disappeared. I suspect there are others that feel the same way. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanx.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartynH
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Is football heading for it's own 'Final Whistle'?   Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:06 am

Just to give a sense of how I feel about it, this is the 'blurb' on the back page of my book 'The Final Whistle'. That is available on Amazon, Bangkok Books and Barnes Noble.

Set in a future we can all feel now, the ‘beautiful game’ of football is beginning to show the effects of the fifty year reign of abuse it has been subjected to.
The Final Whistle allows us two contemporary and thought provoking perspectives of what was once no more than a recreational game that brought communities together every Saturday afternoon.
The up-close view chronicles the internal conflicts of a football club facing imminent collapse and the desperate ‘Billion Dollar Man’ gamble Burt Reece, the manager, takes to save his job and reputation.
But the bigger threat to the whole ’football religion’ lurks in the world of entertainment technology. As VR or Virtual Reality makes way for Total immersion (Ti), the first signs of a real alternative to an afternoon on the terraces begin to appear.
TV pundits and journalists see the potential feeding ground as football’s supremacy over the sports entertainment industry is challenged by the computer gaming industry. Media speculation raises the stakes by creating a frenzy of conjecture and doom laden predictions.
The millions of once unshakable fans react by taking a new look at what used to be their beautiful game.
Others take a deeper view of the cancerous effects inflicted upon a society that has suffered with the football disease for over fifty years.

Hope to stimulate some thoughts, enjoy!
Martyn
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MartynH
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Is football heading for it's own 'Final Whistle'?   Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Just read the responses to Matt Porters MSN social voice article 'Football can join the Olympic Love-in'. Examples of the growing mood of frustration:

'.. and on a personal level I've been more impressed over the last two weeks of Olympics than over the last 30 odd years of following football.'

'..Peter Clintonfootballers should be on performance related pay, if they perform well they get paid, if not they don't. If the normal working man/woman performed like many footballers we would be out on our arses.'

'... Far too long have the ticket paying surporters of football put up with mediocre returns for their season tickets and over priced replica kits....."the beautiful game" I think not after these last sixteen days now it's time for the FA.managers and the overpaid players to put up or shut up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is football heading for it's own 'Final Whistle'?   

Back to top Go down

Is football heading for it's own 'Final Whistle'?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Football-
Jump to:  
Free forum | Sports and Hobbies | Basketball | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum