HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Do you expect better from The Footy Show in 2011?
Yes
43%
 43% [ 6 ]
No
43%
 43% [ 6 ]
On Par
14%
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
kiwikid33
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:52 pm

I thought the show was pretty good again last night, it is much better now without the Chief and i didnt think i would say that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:49 am

Yeh the show is much improved in 2009 imo.

A lot less of the garbage and some much more insightful comment. Vossy is actually quite funny which I didn't really realise untill now.

Good on Brett Finch for fronting so quickly. Seemed to answer everything they threw at him. I would still be surprised if Daniel Anderson had dropped him to reserve grade though, and would have liked Finch to at least stick out the rest of the season.

Sounds like the Storm will be chasing him very hard. Anyone know what sort of money he is on at the Eels?
Back to top Go down
keno
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:16 am

i just have one thing to say about it, ok, two. one, it has improved and is much more controlled now. two, how did the rabbits wingers try beat sowards and morris effort against the broncs for try of the week?
lol, the identical twins were pretty funny too, but with the constant head nodding Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KromyD
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:21 am

I'd imagine he will be on a bit, maybe just over a mill for 3seasons??

On the footy show they did state that Finch may go to the storm, but there cap must be pretty tight. Clubs i think will play at getting Finch are...

Raiders - They still have a bit of cash left, will be a good buy to take the pressure off Campese. No big names going off contract this season, so possible 1year with an option for 2010.

Melbourne - Probably close to nothing left, but would fit straight into the 5/8th role pushing Inglis to the centres. If they do sign Finch it could be for 2years with Hinchcliffe being let go at the end of next year with a few juniors.

Newcastle - Would be a good buy, pushing Mullen out 1 to 5/8th giving the Knights 3 big attacking options. They have Walsh, Rogers & Ndaira all off contract at the end of the season so Finch could fit in well, probably a big 3year contract.

Panthers - Graham/Finch halves, Sammut super sub and Lewis back to centres/back row. Like Newcastle if they were to sign Finch they'd let go of Peters and possibly Aiton. Not too sure if a deal will go thru.

Warriors - I think the Warriors are the dark horse for Finch's signature. With Fien set to leave to Huddersfield, Jones to retire & Witt already signed with Rugby Union , Finch could slip straight in. Henderson will get topped up a fair bit, but Price will retire giving the Warriors a big gap in the cap. Big deal from the Warriors to get Finch for 3years, Warriors are my tip for his signature.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:24 am

SBW wrote:
Yeh the show is much improved in 2009 imo.

A lot less of the garbage and some much more insightful comment. Vossy is actually quite funny which I didn't really realise untill now.

Good on Brett Finch for fronting so quickly. Seemed to answer everything they threw at him. I would still be surprised if Daniel Anderson had dropped him to reserve grade though, and would have liked Finch to at least stick out the rest of the season.

Sounds like the Storm will be chasing him very hard. Anyone know what sort of money he is on at the Eels?

Yeah Voss is actually funny. I like the new segment whats doing lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenko
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:45 am

Whats Doing Vossy!!
Haha At the Spoons
and the Twins they were funny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:56 am

Percy is real funny lmao. I won't do the thing you like in the bedroom. Haha tats a crack up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:29 am

But Kromy the question is do we have enough cap to sign him NOW, not at the start of 2010

What do you reckon?
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:34 am

SBW wrote:
But Kromy the question is do we have enough cap to sign him NOW, not at the start of 2010

What do you reckon?

I'd think so, give him Witt's salary and whatever we were going to offer Eastwood (Which i assume is Lauaki's $$$). And then give him a good pay next year to make up for this year, since we wont have Price, Jones & Fien. That is if we let Fien go in which i think we should.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:37 am

Yeh I would love us to sign Finch I really rate him.

Didn't realise he had played over 200 NRL games though that stat amazed me
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:41 am

Yeah i rate him as well, to have played that many games and Origin must mean something. I think he'd go good at the Warriors, we'd really need him to produce some great kicks tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:42 am

KromyD wrote:
Warriors - I think the Warriors are the dark horse for Finch's signature. With Fien set to leave to Huddersfield, Jones to retire & Witt already signed with Rugby Union , Finch could slip straight in. Henderson will get topped up a fair bit, but Price will retire giving the Warriors a big gap in the cap. Big deal from the Warriors to get Finch for 3years, Warriors are my tip for his signature.

He apparently wants to stay in the NRL.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/2326350/Warriors-Fien-turns-back-on-Super-League

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:42 am

Yeh and then the question would be raised yet again where does the little general fit into all of this
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:50 am

I think Finch would be the long term option. But thats a good question, i'd put the players like this. Probably wouldn't end up like this tho, 1 of them will probably be dropped.

Hohaia - #14, Super-sub off the bench.
Fien - #9, Will play hooker and move around with Hohaia & Henderson.
Jones - #7, Will start halfback.
Henderson - #12, the biggest move, will start in the back row but after his break will come on for Fien at hooker and finish the game there.
Moon - #3, I like him at 6 but if Finch was to sign he'd have to move out 1. But could play 2nd reciever on the left side. Move him back to #6 in 2010.
Finch - #6, Move him straight in, get him use to the team and prep him well for 2010 so he can play #7.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:52 am

Interesting post there Kromy

Henderson at 12 being the most surprising. i guess it is an option. I rate him at hooker though and would rather just see us get rid of Fien completely
Back to top Go down
KromyD
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:54 am

Likewise, i think he is superb at 9 but hes big enough, strong enough and if 1 person was to play out of position it would be him. Can't wait to see what unfolds in the coming days with Finch tho.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:58 am

From what I've been reading today the most likely teams Finch will be playing for are - Penrith, Cronulla or Canberra. Will be interesting to see where he does end up.

Melbourne are also very interested, and if they did sign him it would likely be a short-term deal under the second tier salary cap.

Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:00 am

Cronulla?? They have Barrett & Seymour tho?? Will be interesting to see it develop. They'd probably use him as a hooker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenko
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:04 am

Finch In panthers Will be interesting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:06 am

KarsT wrote:
Finch In panthers Will be interesting

Yeah if we did sign him, I would like to see.

6. Graham
7. Finch
9. Iosefa
-----
14. Sammut

Aiton would most likely be on the outer if we did sign Finch.

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:21 am

KromyD wrote:
Cronulla?? They have Barrett & Seymour tho?? Will be interesting to see it develop. They'd probably use him as a hooker.

I don't think he will sign for a team unless he is assured of a role in the halves. Wasn't part of the reason he left due to the fact Anderson moved him to hooker for the last 20 minutes of Parras last game? I think Finch took that as a massive slap in the face
Back to top Go down
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:34 am

i wasnt too excited by last nights show - probs coz i was watching the champions league hour haha

but on a whole much better this yr than last - the inclusion of vossy is awesome Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:00 am

Alright show last night. They talked about some interesting topics, including the "biff". Some classic footage in both of Vossy's and Matty Johns' top five's. Anyone see the Ryan Hoffman one in the top five's?

Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:02 am

hahaha it was a classic dive straight into the post. Even PJ Marsh's run, out of the entire try line he picks the post lol.

What i'd like to see done (and i remember it on the sunday roast about 10years ago) was the "Top 5 try celebrations of all time", that will be funny.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
keno
Guru

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:16 am

haha, billy got a grilling from the boys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread   

Back to top Go down

NRL Footy Show 2011 Thread