HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Official MotoGP Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:35 am

So the opening race was last night and Casey started from pole and looked in control until he crashed out, which is a real shame because he loves the track.

Valentino went on to win, lorenzo 2nd and Dovi pipped Hayden on the line for 3rd. Bikes looked sooo good under the Qatar lights i might add, great to be back.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a_F_c
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Mon May 24, 2010 9:57 am

I watched the French GP last night. Was my first ever Moto GP that I had watched from start to finish and I enjoyed it. Shame for Stoner to crash out so early, he may have had a chance to nab 3rd on the podium with Dovi, Hayden and Pedrosa fighting it out for 3rd right to the end. Lorenzo and Rossi were in a class of their own out front though, some cracking driving by both riders at times.
Im definately going to try and keep tabs on this season now, I think ill become a fan by the end Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Mon May 24, 2010 10:00 am

Stoner looked really upset in the garages and I'm still wondering if he thinks/knows his time at Ducati is up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Mon May 24, 2010 10:31 am

Lorenzo has stepped up this year was just too easy for him last night and it's not often that Rossi can't make ground on someone, I wasn't expecting this much of a step up from him to be honest but it's good to see and Rossi will certainly be feeling the heat. As for Stoner it's the big news to come out of the race, if he stays on the circuit he is class but he just can't take a trick. Was hoping Nicky could nab 3rd but he did extremely well to finish 4th so i'm pretty stoked.

We now move to Mugello with Lorenzo 9 points clear of Rossi and Stoner all the way down in 13th place.. Hopefully we see a much improved result from Casey in Italy.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:58 pm

Pretty big news... Valentino Rossi is gone for the year after breaking his leg in practice. Despite him being nine points behind Jorge Lorenzo in the standings thus far, he was still the clear favourite to win another title this year. So this makes things quite interesting. Lorenzo the new favourite now, followed by Pedrosa for mine.

Would be great to see Casey Stoner win tonight and get things back on track in 2010.

Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Lorenzo to piss it in now I think (from my one race of watching it Laughing). A big shame coz Rossi and Lorenzo would have fought out a classic battle I think.

Hopefully Rossi can recover fully Smile.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/jimmy131289
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:28 am

Casey finished 4th in Italy. It's obvious his bike is a piece of junk at the moment, it is well off the pace and until they sort out their obvious problems he won't be making progress anytime soon. Still he has done well to finish 4th and claim some valuable points. Nicky crashed out which was disappointing, seems to be one or the other these days.

Pedrosa 1st, Lorenzo 2nd, Dovi 3rd.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:30 am

So we're confident it's the bike and not a temporary form slide by Casey?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:34 am

No way it's the bike. He used a different set-up from morning warmup and it just didn't work. He has come out and said that he just couldn't generate any pace and in the end he just let them have their race and tried to consolidate his 4th place.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Casey Stoner -> Honda

Quote :
Australian former MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner will leave the Ducati team next season to ride again for Honda, the Japanese constructor confirmed.

The 2007 world champion is currently sixth in the overall MotoGP standings, 98 points behind Spanish leader Jorge Lorenzo of Yahama.

Stoner, 24, started his MotoGP career in 2006 riding a Honda from the LCR stable before spending four years at Ducati.

Honda's full factory team for 2011 will be officially presented later in the season, the Honda Racing Team (HRC) said in a statement.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27387511-5018888,00.html

Great move IMO, back to Honda where it all began in the MotoGP for Casey Stoner. Apparently they (Honda) want to keep both Dani Pedrosa and Andrea Dovizioso for next season, so they could have a real class line up for next year.

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:17 am

Casey finishes 2nd which he should be pretty happy with. Lorenzo dominates once again, the bloke is in another league at this current point in time. Rossi 3rd.

Pedrosa was looking good until he crashed out but from that point on there was no stopping Lorenzo.

Lorenzo leads the standings by 72 points, Pedrosa 2nd, Dovi 3rd, Casey 4th.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:51 am

Anyone watch the race last night, absolute cracker. In shocking conditions Stoner had pole and got off to a decent start before being overtaken by Marco Simoncelli. He stayed in touch though until Rossi who was blitzing the field (up to 3rd after starting 12th) went to pass him on the inside and lost control and clipped Stoner. Both Rossi and Stoner went down but Stoner was unable to continue and Rossi ended up finishing the race in 5th.. Simoncelli crashed out while leading, then Ben spies crashed out, Cal Crutchlow and Colin Edwards both crashed out of potential podiums and in the end Jorge Lorenzo avoided all the drama and got the job done at home. Pedrosa finished 2nd and Nicky Hayden 3rd.. It was all about Stoner and Rossi though, Stoner gave him a blast after the race (rightfullly so) and i'm sure the battle will rage on. Super race.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megadeecee
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Mon May 09, 2011 12:02 pm

What's the go with Casey Stoner i thought he was the best of the best (Rossi)..i got money linked in a multi and i'm worried
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwinhaiti
Trainee

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Tue May 24, 2011 11:09 pm

Yeah watched that race. rather entertaining.

Looking forward to the next race I can watch as am now back in the land on TV's and internet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Beckham

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:34 am

Its revealed Jorge has lost a finger poor bastard and has been ruled out, Stoner only needs to finish 6th to claim the title. A real shame, would have meant more to Casey if his closest rival was in the race but not to be. Can't see him losing it from here, he's a machine at Philip Island.

XOXO
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Panthers
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:38 pm

Career defying victory for Stoner, proves he's up there with the best of the best IMO. Such a shame Lorenzo pulled out of the main race, would have made for an exciting race. Still reckon Stoner would have had too much class, he's been a beast this year.

PostSubject: Re: Official MotoGP Thread   Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:22 am

Valencia GP was epic. Crash like soon as the race started taking out Rossi, Hayden, de Puniet and Bautista. Felt abit sorry for Rossi who would loved to have finished the race for his mate Simoncelli. Stoner started pole and blew away the rest from the get go as he so often did this year, from then on you would have thought he'd run away with it but the rain started about halfway through and his times started to drop. Spies was flying by this point and he caught Stoner with around 5 laps to go and overtook him a lap later. Stoner looked like he would have to be happy with 2nd but in the final corner he found something extra and ending up taking it out in a photo finish by 15 thousandths of a second. Remarkable race and fitting that Stoner wins the last race of the year. Deserved world champ and if his heart remains in the sport i can't see anyone stopping him for a while.

Valencia RESULTS

1. Casey Stoner (Australia) Honda 48:18.645
2. Ben Spies (U.S.) Yamaha 48:18.660
3. Andrea Dovizioso (Italy) Honda 48:24.581
4. Cal Crutchlow (Britain) Yamaha 48:27.363
5. Dani Pedrosa (Spain) Honda 48:27.966
6. Katsuyuki Nakasuga (Japan) Yamaha 48:42.463
7. Josh Hayes (U.S.) Yamaha 48:51.763
8. Karel Abraham (Czech Republic) Ducati 48:56.597
9. Loris Capirossi (Italy) Ducati 49:07.598
10. Toni Elias (Spain) Honda 49:11.146
11. Hector Barbera (Spain) Ducati 49:25.164