HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Movies

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tank
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3176
Age : 24
Location : Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Just went and saw Paranormal Activity 2. Some reeeal jumpy bits in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2156
Age : 37
Location : SYDNEY

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:57 pm

SBW wrote:
Watched the first two episodes of the new HBO miniseries "Boardwalk Empire".

Set in 1920's Atlantic City just after prohibition has been brought in.

AMAZING.

Watch this show.

I seriously need fox Sad I'd watch it online but I hate watching movies etc on my computer.. I'll just wait till it comes out on dvd in the US and get it from Amazon..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend
avatar

Posts : 10656
Age : 22
Location : Brisbane QLD

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:38 am

Tank wrote:
Just went and saw Paranormal Activity 2. Some reeeal jumpy bits in there.

Really?

I thought it was shit. About 4 scary parts in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
Tank
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3176
Age : 24
Location : Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:03 am

Took a while for it to get started but I thought the last half hour or so was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SMASH
Guru
avatar

Posts : 4881
Location : Melbourne

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:12 am

just watched the doco Once Brothers. it was excellent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru
avatar

Posts : 1518
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:19 am

Found myself watching Groundhog Day last nighy....wasn't too bad.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 27
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 6:46 am

SMASH wrote:
just watched the doco Once Brothers. it was excellent.

Those ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries are brilliant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru
avatar

Posts : 2156
Age : 37
Location : SYDNEY

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:46 am

Al3x7754 wrote:
Found myself watching Groundhog Day last nighy....wasn't too bad.

Wasn't to bad? That movies a classic.. Bill Murray is a legend..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TGBY
Guru
avatar

Posts : 6118
Age : 906
Location : The Emirates

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:54 am

Tank wrote:
Just went and saw Paranormal Activity 2. Some reeeal jumpy bits in there.

i heard it was the shittest piece of shit ever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru
avatar

Posts : 1518
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:12 am

RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Al3x7754 wrote:
Found myself watching Groundhog Day last nighy....wasn't too bad.

Wasn't to bad? That movies a classic.. Bill Murray is a legend..
Ha I didn't get some parts of the movie main one was why is he repeating the same day over and over?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend
avatar

Posts : 11569
Age : 26
Location : Adelaide

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:12 am

Al3x7754 wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Al3x7754 wrote:
Found myself watching Groundhog Day last nighy....wasn't too bad.

Wasn't to bad? That movies a classic.. Bill Murray is a legend..
Ha I didn't get some parts of the movie main one was why is he repeating the same day over and over?

That's the plot-line...

It's like trying to understand why Luke Skywalker can access the Force, or why the Blues Brothers wear sunglasses at night... it's just the way the movie goes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru
avatar

Posts : 1518
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:34 am

TheFeldster wrote:
Al3x7754 wrote:
RED&GREEN4EVA wrote:
Al3x7754 wrote:
Found myself watching Groundhog Day last nighy....wasn't too bad.

Wasn't to bad? That movies a classic.. Bill Murray is a legend..
Ha I didn't get some parts of the movie main one was why is he repeating the same day over and over?

That's the plot-line...

It's like trying to understand why Luke Skywalker can access the Force, or why the Blues Brothers wear sunglasses at night... it's just the way the movie goes...
Well even then I found the movie still a bit confusing...again what was the reason for it reversing back to normal then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 27
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:54 am

I just watched one of ESPN's 30 for 30 documentaries. It was about the 2004 ALCS between the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox. As everyone probably knows, the Red Sox were 3-0 down in the best of seven series and came back to win the series 4-3, including winning Games 6 and 7 at the old Yankee Stadium. They then went on to beat the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series. The 86 year curse was over.

I'll be getting the 'Once Were Brothers' documentary about Drazen Petrovic and Vlade Divac tomorrow from a mate. Apparently it's the best of the bunch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DaneSwan#36
Legend
avatar

Posts : 10656
Age : 22
Location : Brisbane QLD

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:30 am

TGBY wrote:
Tank wrote:
Just went and saw Paranormal Activity 2. Some reeeal jumpy bits in there.

i heard it was the shittest piece of shit ever.

I didn't rate it tbh.

Only things I found scary.

- When the Pool Cleaner jumped out Razz Was funny and scary Laughing
- When the chick got dragged down the stairs, and into the closet.
- When the daughter went to check the noise and the door locked her outside.
- When the dog got fucked up.
- Then at the very end when she came in and killed them and walked off with the baby.

To be honest, there were more laughs in the cinema then screams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-109-0-0-0
CHORUS
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3536
Age : 31
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:39 am

Having major issues getting motivated to watch this Argentinian movie I have to watch for uni
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Al3x7754
Guru
avatar

Posts : 1518
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:55 am

Saw The Town today pretty darn good movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Bird
Guru
avatar

Posts : 4576
Age : 111

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:22 pm

Sparky_Hughes wrote:
I just watched one of ESPN's 30 for 30 documentaries. It was about the 2004 ALCS between the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox. As everyone probably knows, the Red Sox were 3-0 down in the best of seven series and came back to win the series 4-3, including winning Games 6 and 7 at the old Yankee Stadium. They then went on to beat the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series. The 86 year curse was over.

I'll be getting the 'Once Were Brothers' documentary about Drazen Petrovic and Vlade Divac tomorrow from a mate. Apparently it's the best of the bunch.

Where can i find these 30 for 30's? I hear there are some classic basketball ones (one on Iverson in particular)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teals_hot_mum.com
SMASH
Guru
avatar

Posts : 4881
Location : Melbourne

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:36 pm

Black Bird wrote:
Sparky_Hughes wrote:
I just watched one of ESPN's 30 for 30 documentaries. It was about the 2004 ALCS between the New York Yankees and the Boston Red Sox. As everyone probably knows, the Red Sox were 3-0 down in the best of seven series and came back to win the series 4-3, including winning Games 6 and 7 at the old Yankee Stadium. They then went on to beat the St. Louis Cardinals in the World Series. The 86 year curse was over.

I'll be getting the 'Once Were Brothers' documentary about Drazen Petrovic and Vlade Divac tomorrow from a mate. Apparently it's the best of the bunch.

Where can i find these 30 for 30's? I hear there are some classic basketball ones (one on Iverson in particular)
I got Once Brothers online. http://bt.davka.info/ Here. Will probably struggled to find older ones (torrent) with decent seeds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend
avatar

Posts : 10598
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Who the F*** doesn't know why the Blues Brothers wear sunglasses at night?

Because it's cool and they're bad ass. The end.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 27
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:05 pm

Black Bird wrote:
Where can i find these 30 for 30's? I hear there are some classic basketball ones (one on Iverson in particular)

YouTube has them, or torrents.

There's a great one called 'Reggie Miller vs. the Knicks'. That one is about the 1994 and 1994 NBA Playoffs when Indiana played the Knicks and both years it went to 7 games and the Knicks came through to win both series despite Reggie Miller's amazing games. It showed how Miller was a hate figure in NY at the time.

And yeah, there's the one on Iverson (which I haven't seen), there's on Tupac and Mike Tyson and their friendship and the night of Tupac's murder as well.

There's many more, I've only seen 3-4 but they're brilliantly done.

The one you would like BB is called 'The Two Escobars' which is about Pablo Escobar and his cocaine trafficking and how that helped fund the Colombian national football team, and their journey to and at the 1994 World Cup, which led the Escobar the Colombian player being murdered as he was the one that conceded that infamous own goal against the USA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Black Bird
Guru
avatar

Posts : 4576
Age : 111

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:37 am

Cheers mate, ill be hitting them up for sure
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.teals_hot_mum.com
Damo
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3473
Age : 26
Location : Sunshine Coast

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:40 pm

Just finished re-watching Galaxy Quest with a chick I am interested in.
So fucking funny. Definately reccomend it for any Tim Allen fans, Star Trek or Star Wars fans or Alan Rickman fans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KromyD
Guru
avatar

Posts : 4804
Age : 27
Location : Mangere

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:50 pm

*prays this post goes un-noticed lol*

Went and saw "Life as we know it" with the mrs yesterday, was better than i expected for a chick flick and it had that dude off transformers on it lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 11350
Age : 27
Location : Seeing Sounds.

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:26 pm

Just watched 'Once Brothers' which was the ESPN 30 for 30 documentary about the once great friendship between Serbian Vlade Divac and Croatian Drazen Petrovic. Honestly, that would have to be one, if not the best documentary I've ever watched. I dunno, maybe it's because I've got a Serbian background so I understand the whole thing more than most, but just watching it gave me total shivers. It was so moving, I don't want to give too much away but when they go to the interviews with Drazen Petrovic's mother and brother after Drazen had passed away and their feeling about it, I found it very difficult not to cry. It was that powerful.

If you're a basketball lover, a person that loves documentaries or just wants to see a very well done story about what was a friendship that was more like a brother-ship that then turned sour because of one incident, then Once Brothers is a MUST see. Highly, highly recommend it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Boomer
Guru
avatar

Posts : 3620
Age : 27
Location : Aotearoa

PostSubject: Re: Movies   Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:47 pm

Those 30 for 30 docos sound awesome, can't wait until after exams when I have plenty of free time to get amongst.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Movies   

Back to top Go down
 
Movies
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum