HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

Console Games

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17
AuthorMessage
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 pm

have always been a PC gamer but thinking of getting a console for xmas. what do u suggest?
not into the traditional console with a control pad cos if i'm gonna let my kids play it i'd prefer a motion sensor so that at least they're learning some motor control and getting some form of excercise.

not a fan of PS as they took so long to put a (cheap as) hard drive onto theirs. leaning towards xBox konnect but the WII is really cheap at the moment

any advice?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:44 am

Nintendo are basically neglecting the Wii these days, With Zelda: Skyward Sword being the only major release the last couple of years, but it's still worth getting for that and the original Mario Bros. games, the new Super Mario, Mario Kart and Donkey Kong, and Super Smash Bros. They also have the Wii-U console out soon so not sure whether they will continue making games for the Wii in the near future.

As for Xbox and PS3 it all comes down to what exclusive games best suit your tastes. Xbox has Gears Of War and Halo and Forza, Alan Wake plus Kinect..

While Ps3's biggest strength is their exclusive games like the Uncharted series, God Of War, Killzone, Resistance, Metal Gear Solid 4 (Won't ever be released on Xbox even though they just released the HD collection with MGS 2,3 and Peacewalker) Hard Rain, Gran Turismo, Imfamous, And Shadow of the Colossus/ICO, as well as solid kid friendly platformer games like Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter (getting a HD release in the near future) and Sly Racoon (1-3 available in HD collection, with a 4th game on the way)

PS3 also has a Wii-like controller for their PS Move, but the only reason people seem to buy it is for the shooters like Killzone and Resistance.

Also in it's favour is the in built Blu-Ray player, which is awesome for the big special effects movies on the HD tv's, but you can pick a Blu-Ray player pretty cheap these days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:15 pm

thanx RED&GREEN4EVA
i do kungFu and some crazy sifu taught me how to use a sword. Zelda the best game for sword fighting?
how accurate is the sensor?
also which one is the easiest to get mod'd?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:53 pm

Well IGN gave Zelda 10/10 and were pretty impressed with the controls for fighting etc.. Haven't played it yet so can't tell you from experience. As for modding, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it. But a mate at work says it's pretty easy to mod the Wii..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:31 pm

thanx again RED&GREEN4EVA
i know enough kids to track down where they can get theirs mod'd
wii seems to be a winner. price, modding, good sword fighting game for me, a form of excercise for the kids and my partners keen to get into the wii fitness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:58 pm

Happy gaming mate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mania
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:34 pm

chur RED&GREEN4EVA
next i have to get a new PC...sigh, mo money mo problems
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:04 am

... Should I be worried about Nintendo?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RED&GREEN4EVA
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:37 am

Depends how they support the new console. The Wii has outsold both Xbox/PS3 but they haven't exactly given gamers many quality titles apart from the standard Mario/Zelda/Smash Bros./DK games. I can't see much difference in graphics quality, but the controller looks an interesting idea, even though it looks slightly awkward to hold. But they need to come with a brand new franchise rather then rehashing the old ones over and over.. It's the only way they'll compete with Sony and Microsoft.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:35 am

Having read all of that: long story short, yes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingkingston
Professional

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:14 pm

The Wii will never match the other consoles as far as graphics are concerned
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aussiesportsforum.com/
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:26 pm

If you're simple and care about that sort of thing.

I don't play games for the graphics as long as I can see everything I need to see.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Console Games   

Back to top Go down

Console Games
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 17 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-
Jump to:  
Create free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Free forum