HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:17 pm

TGBY has beef with me, hence why 80% of his posts ATM are having a crack at me, which gets him nowhere. However, nobody cares but him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:27 pm

Honestly, I think someone mentioned it before, but I think Spamming other Sports Forums, whether they be American Sports, Football or whatever, if it gets more Members then that's a good thing.

Spamming Sportal helped a little, while it was annoying, but still, it's for the better of the Forum so hopefully we can get some more Members and liven up the place. I can't let the Adande Lounge die.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
smashedmirror704
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:34 pm

I didn't really want to get sucked into this, but if you want people to join and keep posting, you need to offer something different. At the moment, why would people choose this over sportal?

Sportal gets many more posts from many more users and has a whole lot less of the childish bullshit that often ruins the off-topic here.

If TFW is to thrive, then it need something to market itself on. I would suggest something along the lines of 'the friendly forum' where people aren't going to get stuck into you for saying what you think, or the forum without the snark and cynicism. Sell TFW as more of a community than other forums, a place to talk sport without the nastiness that inhibits a lot of other forums.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stoke
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:39 pm

Smashed, you're a legend. I tried to say that to Panthers, but, not near as articulate. We need to focus more on a community emphasis, which means, if we have to broaden off topic, be friendly, sobeit, Stricter moderating is also necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:50 pm

smashedmirror704 wrote:
I didn't really want to get sucked into this, but if you want people to join and keep posting, you need to offer something different. At the moment, why would people choose this over sportal?

Sportal gets many more posts from many more users and has a whole lot less of the childish bullshit that often ruins the off-topic here.

If TFW is to thrive, then it need something to market itself on. I would suggest something along the lines of 'the friendly forum' where people aren't going to get stuck into you for saying what you think, or the forum without the snark and cynicism. Sell TFW as more of a community than other forums, a place to talk sport without the nastiness that inhibits a lot of other forums.

They shouldn't though. I've always said the reason I'm on Sportal more is because there's more users with more opinions and the banter is better. I agree with everything you said in bold because that's 100% spot on. That's why I'd steer clear of spamming Sportal as well. Do it somewhere else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megadeecee
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:42 pm

Sportal is Sh*t i mentioned this earlier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sibs#12
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:12 am

TGBY wrote:
You seem to be the one who has the problem with me, i never said anything to you, and you had a go at me, contradicting yourself much.

Man i have no problem with anyone, the only person i have had a go at if you look back, is Borja, for obvious reasons, i never had a crack at anyone else, DB had a crack at me
Hold on. You've payed out Teal, me, and others before. I dont hold anything against you but youre saying you havent had a go at anyone else. Unless youre only referring to this thread...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ashes
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:38 am

The problem is as Panthers said the lack of quality threads. And I think it's due to a number of reasons. 1 there's way to many sub-forums ie. all of the matchday sub-forums why do they need to be seperate from the main threads and why do we need to have one for each match. I'm a person who wants to check out a couple of certain matches not every single match.

Also threads on Sportal for example have a better quality because there is a lot more characters supporting or disagreeing with the topic. Whereas here you either all agree or have childish arguments killing the thread.

Plus there are way too many games on here and the recruiting for them is very annoying I've played each of the league once and thats all I wanted to do getting recruited for season after season is ridiculous and me like most people are lazy and don't say I don't want to play this anymore because it's a waste of time and effort.

Finally the forum thrived in the summer holidays because it was the holidays there will always be times when that happens. For example finals, A-league, Ashes (last test) and also OFF topicly when big things come out ie. Idol, Harry Potter movie etc.

You gotta remember that school children have school, 18+ have either Uni/Work or a life and not everyone can post everyday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:22 am

Is it just me or is this place already picking up.... Smile

In regards to Ashes prior post - I agree with you about the Matchday thing. Its spreading the posts too thin. Also agree with you about their being no need to automatically make a thread for every game. If people want to discuss a game, let them create it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:24 am

I actually like the matchday threads and think its cool that there is one for each match...gives users an opportunity for a prediction and a wrap up of the game when its over. All matchday threads are posted in (well the league ones anyway)

"There's nothing finer than having a Vagina"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:28 am

Have to disagree with you there Hendo

It doesn't result in any good discussion (well rarely)

All you get is posts such as:

"Sharks"

or

"Warriors by 12"

or

"Awesome game"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rozza
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:29 am

Or a update every mintue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:34 am

All i'm saying is that (quite clearly) something has to change or this place really will become a graveyard which I would hate too see.

Just tryign to get the ball rolling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pantherus
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:38 am

At the end of the day - all the crap that went on in the last few months completely put me off the whole place. I still post a little in the Rugby page but that's about it. All you immature idiots talking crap to each other, bullying, acting big, etc etc - you ruined it for everybody.

That's just my opinion anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://picasaweb.google.com/kglensor/HopeGlensor
Megadeecee
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:39 am

i like to express myself sometimes with things like jennings try or parker's doing nothing again. it makes me get my opinion over the line
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:39 am

I think two things need to be done.

1. We need to recruit new members!

2. Current users need to post more. There is so much sport out there to talk about! Its up to us members who want TFW to survive to spark a lot more life into the forum. In order to capture guests to the forum and getting them to sign up they need to see lots of new posts being made.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:47 am

1. Whats the tactic going to be? Where do you suggest? We need to encourage people to recruit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megadeecee
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:01 am

Negative Vibes Man....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caity
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:07 am

I don't get the problem with the match day threads.. aslong as it's going to be active it's fine if you ask me.. Sub-forum is there to keep things tidy i'm guessing..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:10 am

Pantherus wrote:
At the end of the day - all the crap that went on in the last few months completely put me off the whole place. I still post a little in the Rugby page but that's about it. All you immature idiots talking crap to each other, bullying, acting big, etc etc - you ruined it for everybody.

That's just my opinion anyway.

I tend to ignore people being stupid ... most of the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hendo Maroon

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:35 am

SBW wrote:
1. Whats the tactic going to be? Where do you suggest? We need to encourage people to recruit.

Think we just got to drop adverts on every sports forum we can think of, that's the way we've done it in the past

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Damo
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:37 am

I think we should start with administration.

We need them to be active.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cynic
Legend

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:39 am

The admin at Sportal hadn't been active for months until one guy made regular appearances. I don't see why, in here, it's their fault we, the regular posters, aren't doing enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SBW
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:48 am

yeh agreed

members need to stand up and get posting
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Caity
Guru

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:52 am

Wake up Enfy!!! Roger?? Everyone else!!

I agree though everyone needs to help if they wanna keep TFW going.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin   

Back to top Go down

The Weekly Evaluation Thread: Dyin or Survivin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Discussions :: Off Topic-