HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  GamesGames  Log in  

Share | 

2009 U.S. Open, Flushing Meadows

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Thehattrickrabbit
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2009 U.S. Open, Flushing Meadows   Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:24 pm

I mean Roddick, Safin are serial for this kind of stuff, going berserk after a perhaps "dodgy" call. Apart from Smashed Racquets nothing but a code violation comes into play and maybe a small fine.

The Chela-Hewitt incident where Hewitt reported Chela for reportedly spitting at him at the aussie open a couple of years back etc.

This is just absolutely unjust. Not sure what else to say.

Maybe she was the one that stabbed Monica Seles in the back in 1993 .
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DB
Guru

PostSubject: Re: 2009 U.S. Open, Flushing Meadows   Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:14 am

watching federer and djokovic atm

there have been some mad rallys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheFeldster
Legend

PostSubject: Re: 2009 U.S. Open, Flushing Meadows   Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:53 am

Thtr wrote:
I mean Roddick, Safin are serial for this kind of stuff, going berserk after a perhaps "dodgy" call. Apart from Smashed Racquets nothing but a code violation comes into play and maybe a small fine.

Serena smashed a racquet earlier in the game, earning her first violation. When she went beserk at the linesman later in the game, she hit strike 2 and thus gave away a penalty point. From what I've been able to find out, that is within the rules of the game, although I don't think that rule has been invoked since John McEnroe retired.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sparky_Hughes

PostSubject: Re: 2009 U.S. Open, Flushing Meadows   Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:05 am

I watched every hit of the ball last night between Del Potro and Nadal, and while the scoreline of 6-2 6-2 6-2 looks like a thumping from Nadal's end, it was much closer than that in truth, especially the first 2 Sets where Nadal had plenty of chances of his own.

It pretty much came down to Del Potro playing the bigger points better, and being able to dictate points from the baseline, Rafa gave him too much respect, and stood way too far back against a guy who is probably the flattest hitter of the ball in the Men's Top 20.

Overall, a superb performance from Juan Martin, and I really give him every chance to beat Roger in the Final. Juan Martin should have beaten Roger at the French Open SF's, and I'm sure he'll be better equipped now, plus he's playing a lot better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Arrow
Professional

PostSubject: Re: 2009 U.S. Open, Flushing Meadows   Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:03 pm

It's 2014. Bit behind the times lads.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2009 U.S. Open, Flushing Meadows   

Back to top Go down

2009 U.S. Open, Flushing Meadows
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Sports Discussions :: Tennis-
Jump to:  
Create a forum on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion